Honored Contributor

Re: DEER Thursday 01/28/2021

@MamaWick wrote:

@luvzchiz I feed them at random times.  That way they really don't come looking at a certain time in case we aren't home.  They do visit at different times throughout the day...for water which is always available.  I usually only feed once a day and it is first come first served (but I keep an eye out for my faves...T, BB, and BL).  

If I'm out on the patio and they hear me or Cricket, sometimes they come running.  Also, I have a bell I can ring which calls all Pavlov's deer.

@MamaWick  LOL @your using my Pavlov's deer idea! It is certainly true and I think Pavlov would have gotten a kick out of seeing your deer come running at the sound of the dinner bell. 🔔

I knew your idea of your general thread to answer all the repetitive deer questions wouldn't work for very long.  I'm sorry too because it had to have taken you some time to write it. 😔

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  Yes, indeed, and thank you for the Pavlov suggestion.  It is amazing to see them when I ring the bell because they really do come running.  I wish I had the capability of putting up a video.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick  Your posts about the deer have confirmed what I've thought for years: that most animals are a lot smarter than people think they are!

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

Cricket's paws turned slightly inward at each other KILLS ME, she is so dang stinkin cute, I mean...c'mon!

The ever-so-presh dear deers are always a mood lifter and so graceful to look at, even still photos capture their grace.

Thanks MW!

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick   One looks pregnant, maybe. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It's so precious to see them eating their food. Is the one doe pregnant? I love watching dogs watching other critters. There's a young cat hanging out behind some bushes near my home lately and my dog is fascinated with it. She can't get to it but doesn't bark at it which surprises me. She's in love with this cat.