Honored Contributor

Re: DEER Saturday 09/25/2021

@KatieB wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

TRIGGER WARNING!

@RedTop I really wish you hadn't brought up the topic of violence towar the deer in this usually lovely thread. You have a right to write it. And I have a right to say I wish you hadn't. Harming deer does not need to be discussed here. This is a peaceful thread where no one is harmed.

I also think you should have given a trigger warning because mose people who frequent this thread are very gentle and sweet and would not want to read that stuff.

Trigger warning again for the statement below.

Spoiler
I think that if you want to discuss the horrific concept of killing females in the interest of population control you should start your own thread.

@Porcelain    Thank you for stating the obvious.  I certainly didn't want to read about deer being killed in @MamaWick's thread.  There were other posts along the same line in addition to the one you're referring to.  I just don't understand people.

@KatieB    I guess you just have to accept that some people are realistic and don't enjoy seeing starving wildlife.  Life is not all rainbows and unicorns.  The posters here are adults and should understand this. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick   Here's a chart for you.  Looks like the further South, the later the rut. 

https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt/planning/rut_whitetailed_deer/#E12E3

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think I can.....well I don’t know.....well maybe I will.....

She looks nice.....I really want to.....YES I Can!

So sweet ♥️♥️♥️

Thank you @MamaWick 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are of course aware what this thread is about, and how many enjoy it, and come here daily to enjoy the Peace, the Kindness, the Camaraderie, and the Joy of the deer, and the Wicks.

Of course those of us who read here already know the issues and some of the grim ‘solutions’.  It is a mistake to think that we are unaware of the concerns you mention, that we live in a fantasy world, or that we have on blinders which someone needs to rip off.

Please allow this thread to continue as the special place it is; a place of calm, generosity, and joy, for those who love it - such place is much needed.

My opinion, such comments, if need be, could easily be made in another thread. 

Thank you for your consideration.

@Kachina624  @RedTop   

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras