Honored Contributor

Re: DEER Saturday 03/13/2021

@MamaWick -

How in the world did you get these amazing close ups?!

These are going to be added to my many favorites!

Such beautiful beautiful faces.

And I love the deer with her head

bowing to her hoof-a true ballerina deer pose!

You could definitely publish a wonderful book of your precious deer family.

These pictures are so soul soothing every daySmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

A doe delivered 2 fawns today in the forested area behind our home.  I was worried when she crouched down on her hind legs that they were damaged in some way, but she was just positioning herself for the births.  It was truly a beautiful sight, and the fawns came out just as they should.  They were up on their legs soon after with Mama nursing and keeping watch.  I found myself tearing up at the wonder of what I had seen.  It will be such a gift to hopefully see these little ones frolic in our woods in the future.  

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter -

What an incredible moment not many get to see. I'm sure you will always remember witnessing that!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Lovely ladies always!

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  oooohhhh...lucky you.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick

Thank you for the beautiful photos. I just want to reach out and give the deer a big hug. Such sweet beautiful faces.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

No eyes more beautiful and you captured it. Thank you for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

@Porcelain  Yes...the hooves open and close.  I believe that may help them balance. 

Thank you! I learned something new about deer. I feel all the richer for it. I appreciate the explanation.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr