Honored Contributor

Re: DEER Saturday 01/22/2022

[ Edited ]

Oh, @MamaWick 

I hope she has some deer family to be with her too.

Sad 😢 that she is alone.  Wonder how she found you?  Maybe she watched how kind you are with the others, and she followed.

Sending Light for her.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

They are so beautiful.  I have a lot of deer that comes to my yard.

I live in a development surrounded by woods, no sidewalk.

The deer set off my cameras.  They walk down the road.  We are all used to seeing them.

We have a lot of animals living harmoniously in the woods.

If only humans could learn from the animals.🥲

Honored Contributor

Aww poor little thing. I hope she's not hurting. She's the sweetest thing. I hate it when things like this happen. Hope things work out for her and she has a chance to survive.

Honored Contributor

Animals in the wild have to survive on their own and it isn't always easy.  I hope this sweet gentle creature will get through whatever her problem may be.  It is always uplifting to see the acts of kindness the Wick's haven provides for these deer.  Being cared for, having food and water, being at a safe place all helps.  It is like a cool gentle breeze on a hot day, refreshing and so welcome.

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick    What a sweetie.   I hope that she doesn't suffer and is able to enjoy the nutritious food Mama and PapaWick provide.  

She might be alone because the others recognize her illness.  On the humanitarian side, it hurts my heart to see that.  However, in the wild it is survival of the fittest.  

It's too bad that there isn't a traveling deer dentist to help her.  

Woofs and hugs to Miss Willow White.  I hope she's cuddle up against the cold.  Of course she is!

Woofs and love to sweet Cricket in heaven.  💕🌈

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Super Contributor

@MamaWick Is this something your local wildlife org would be able to treat and get her back to good health then released back to your yard? She is already very trusting of you and I wonder if there's a way she could be treated? 

Thank you for providing such beautiful pictures here and for taking such wonderful care of God's Creatures.

Honored Contributor

@Jk9   I saw this one program on TV about a vet that was helping sick or wounded wild animals.  They actually showed How they take a tranqulizer in a gun and shoot into the deer and when it falls asleep they are able to transport to a medical room.  I thought that was a wonderful way to help wild animals.  I cannot remember the state that was in but those deer are lucky.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I hope and pray this innocent little one will be ok. This really touches one’s heart, doesn’t it?

Honored Contributor

Awwww that sweet little baby...I hope she doesn't have the Lumpy Jaw disease.

Esteemed Contributor

What a sweet little thing. This deer found you for a reason. May she stay safe and eat well at the Wicks buffet. Hope she will be okay in the wild.