Esteemed Contributor

Today is Barb's 81st birthday.  Had to tell her fans again that she went back to Missouri. 

20211004_161347.jpg

20211004_161322.jpg

20211004_161255.jpg

20211004_161232.jpg

20211004_161132.jpg

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Re: DEER Monday 10/04/2021

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick   Looks like they are singing Happy Birthday to Barb!   Great pictures as always.  

I just read that the q forums are shutting down as of 11/02.  It is so upsetting that we won't be able to enjoy your pictures after.  We cannot share email addresses here, so once the forums end all will end.   Not happy.  

In the meantime, let's enjoy your deer and the wonderful posts of those who have contributed.  

Woofs and love to sweet Cricket.  You will always be remembered.  💕

edited to correct the ending date. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

I wish Barb a very Happy Birthday, a year ahead filled with good health, joy and peace of mind!  It was so nice to see photos of her feeding the deer, it all looked so comfortable and Barb did make friends with the Bucks, Does and Fawns!!!!!!  Great memories to take back to Missouri!

The pictures are fabulous, each one so expressive, each one a prize!  The photo ops at the Wick's are always delightful to see and loving nature, I do appreciate the visit to this post daily.  It is a upbeat day for our forest friends, for Barb's birthday and for me!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@MamaWick   I'm really going to miss these photos when the forums are gone(11/2, is what I read).  Can you just do a photo dump at the end of the month so we can see all of the precious deer?

Honored Contributor

This group of deer are very young.   It's probably the first time the Bucks are experiencing antler growth.  Last photo -- it's so cute when the deer open their mouth like they want to talk.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick your posts and pics are truly something I will miss when the forum closes.  You bring such joy to us by giving us a window into that very special relationship you have with the deer.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: DEER Monday 10/04/2021

[ Edited ]

For those of you with Facebook, I'm going to create a page you the deer.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@luvzchiz   I feel the same way.  I just told my husband I found out about 11/2 and I will no longer be able to view the beautiful deer and the friends and camaraderie will be so sorely missed.  

Honored Contributor

i'm sad too that the forums are shutting down

i know when i come to this thread - always  lifts my spirits

thank you @MamaWick and all those that make this thread a truly special place

Honored Contributor

Aw, it does look like they are looking for Barb! Happy Birthday Barb and so glad we got to share your wonderful magical days with these precious deer!

I will miss coming here most of all.

It truly has been a light to look forward to at then end of these sometimes discouraging days!

I can't thank you enough @MamaWick, for sharing your deer family with us every day.💞💓💖Deer Kiss Photograph by Missi Gregorius

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"