Esteemed Contributor

20210917_182557.jpg

20210914_192621.jpg

20210914_192654.jpg

Screenshot_20210918-173650_Facebook.jpg

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick   I see a bulging side on the fawn.  They can get pregnant at six-eight months.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

I did not know that.  It reminds me of my teaching days (years,long years) when teenagers would get pregnant and give birth.  We called it "babies having babies."  Most of the time, the mother of the teenager would raise the baby.  I wonder if that's how it goes in the world of animals. 

Honored Contributor

The photo of the buck in the wild grass with the fawns in the back round stood out to me, a true glimpse of nature.  I hope all the visitors are enjoying the peace and tranquility of the area as they have their meals at their favorite feeding ground.  With all the perils the deer face in the wild, it is nice to know they do have a safe haven at the Wick's, a daily kind act.

Honored Contributor

Re: DEER Monday 09/20/2021

[ Edited ]

@maximillian wrote:

@mousiegirl 

I did not know that.  It reminds me of my teaching days (years,long years) when teenagers would get pregnant and give birth.  We called it "babies having babies."  Most of the time, the mother of the teenager would raise the baby.  I wonder if that's how it goes in the world of animals. 

@maximillian   I assume that by the time the fawn gives birth, it would be one year old or so, and able to, but since they travel in groups, the adults may very well help.

"Fawns usually are weaned at two to three months. In early autumn, a fawn's spotted coat is replaced by the gray-brown winter coat of an adult deer. Female fawns usually stay with their mothers for two years; young bucks leave after a year"

Esteemed Contributor

Such beautiful gentle creatures. Love the saying that's how DH and I feel feeding our deer. Your the best @MamaWick  😇 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

The bulge on that fawn is because it is growing and eating more.   

Deer do not breed year round; they breed in the fall of the year and the babies arrive by summer.   If you google deer rut 2021, "90% of adult whitetail deer will be in estrus and breed between November 5-20.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MamaWick,

All the photos are lovely, of course, but No. 3 has an artistry all its own.  It is as though the Earth itself has sprouted antlers with those white flowers (what are they?).  The shape of the flowers suggests that of the antlers.

You last photo with the Charlie Chaplin quotation spoke to me.  I believe I told you about my late brother who, on a daily basis, fed and provided water for feral cats and dogs that had been abandoned in an extremely dry patch of the U.S., Sandy Valley, Nevada.  It was a daily mission that he fulfilled with joy and love.

I miss him.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just love the picture of that buck among the flowers - he could almost be wearing them on his antlers, lol.

Fawn is growing by leaps and bounds.

Beautiful pics.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Could these pictures these deer be  any more beautiful?! No they could not.😊 

The picture of the deer with the flowers-I would put that on my entire wall.

And the beautiful fawn, those eyes. 

Just so so beautiful and serene.

Getting to see them everyday just makes all the bad and worrisome things go away for

even a little awhile.

I love them and love seeing them everytime!

and love the kitty too! 

Thank you as always @MamaWick!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"