Honored Contributor

Re: DEER Monday 06/07/2021

[ Edited ]

MamaWick,

My dear brother had your extraordinary nature when it comes to caring for wildlife and feral life.

He had a ranch (as well as a home) in Nevada. 

After first arriving at the ranch, he discovered that there was a colony of feral cats and dogs a couple miles from him.  Immediately he got into action.

No matter how hot the day, he'd haul food and water out to those animals.  The dishes were huge and had what I will call a moat around them so that red ants could not get into the water and food bowls.  The dry food came in heavy bags.

When I watched him tend to these animals that had been dropped in the burning desert during the financial meltdown of 2008, I loved his nature even more.

It takes a special soul to respond so generously to animals as you do -- and as he did.

Thank you for being who you are.

Gorgeous photos!   

Respected Contributor

Oh, my, those bucks' antlers are really coming in fast.  Love seeing them and Miss Cricket too.  Thanks for the lovely photos, Mama Wick.

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful young bucks. These are awesome pics @MamaWick  🦌🦌 Awww our Cricket. ❤️🐾❤️🐾❤️🐾❤️🐾  

Honored Contributor

Lovely pics as usual! I enjoy seeing the bucks today and sweet Cricket. Thanks @MamaWick.

Respected Contributor

Love picture  number 6 and then there's Sleeping Beauty 🥰

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

@Kachina624  The birthing period where I am usually ends around the end of June, so I'm not disheartened...yet.  Just because the fawns aren't in my yard doesn't mean they aren't around.  Mamas hide them for a few weeks before bringing them out to their adoring public.  

@MamaWick    We'll keep our fingers crossed. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick - What a great start to the week! Love Cricket with her sleepy eyes. And, those handsome bucks - surely a doe could not refuse those looks, lol. Thank you!

Valued Contributor

I just love the pic of the buck!  Love those antlers and how thick they look with his velvet still on!  So pretty!!

And there is that darling little Cricket.  Awww, I just want to reach thru the computer each time and just hug her!!  Heart

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick    What wonderful pictures!  Love seeing them.   Your new plants remind me of the buck antlers!  

You have your own petting zoo.   Is that another home being built?  It looks like the foundation has been newly poured.  Perhaps I am mistaken, but I thought that that area was being left wild.  I'm probably confused.  😊

Woofs and gentle kisses to sweet Cricket.   She always looks so comfortable and adorable.   💕

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

@luvzchiz Yes, another new house behind us to the right, next to the house directly behind us.  Also, two houses being built across the street from us.  

The lot on the left side of us as you look at our house is the only one that will not be built on and left green.  Even the lot to the right of us will eventually be built on when those owners retire in a few years.

The land values here have skyrocketed, yet are being snapped up.  The value of our lot, at 0.19 acres, jumped from 13k to 35k!  It is wild.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix