Trusted Contributor

@MamaWick  Holy crow, those antlers grow fast! I was wondering how old Miss Cricket is. I know my Springer, Zeke, sleeps a lot. He's almost 13.

Respected Contributor

So happy you are back Mama Wick.  Love those antlers covered in velvet.  Great to see Miss Cricket.

Esteemed Contributor

@NEvans2  Cricket will be 14 next month.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick 

Well, looks like your beautiful deer family was there to welcome you home.  Heart  Whew, glad we got our "deer fix" for the day.  

And, your Sweet Cricket, well, let's just say, she appears to be overtired from her trip.  Her dozing is well-deserved.  Heart

Welcome home & thank you again.

Honored Contributor

Welcome back to the Wick's and our woodland friends!!!   The photos bring a smile, a feeling of calm and a visit with nature. The picture of Cricket with her head on her pillow is so precious!!!  As always, an uplifting post!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I love when some of the deer talk to you with their mouths open -- so cute.  I see that the antlers are growing in.  And, your little baby is fast asleep.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick   Welcome home!   Wow those antlers sure grow quickly.   I, too, wonder who gave the first aid to the deer.  

In your honor, I put out a bag of the small carrots along with the usual buffet we afford the birds and feral cats.   At around 6 pm, along came a doe and ate them all. She did see me looking at her through the kitchen window and nodded her head. I'd like to think in thank you.  She then took a drink from one of the 5 birdbaths we have.  

Woofs and gentle ear rubs to Cricket.   Please let us know when her birthday is so that we can have a virtual birthday party for her.  🎉

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Trusted Contributor

Your deer are so adorable!  I love all the photos you post of them.  Do you have a neighbor nearby whose house they visit also?  Maybe that is where the deer got his bandage from.  Or maybe someone who does wildlife rescues and was able to get the bandage on him.  I am really curious that whoever put on the bandage, was able to get that close to the deer without him running away!