Honored Contributor

@MamaWick 

Thank you for always bringing peace into our worlds with the beauty you share.

This is what you remind me of on earth.

Animal angel.jpg

Honored Contributor

One handsome fellow still has his "rack".....and such of great photo of him enjoying the carrot....courtesy of Mama Wick....

The other fellow without the antlers....I hope losing them gives him some sort of relief at least somehow, someway..... He still looks bright and frisky and is enjoying the carrot too.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Re: DEER Monday 03/08/2021

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick  I love seeing these deer photos.  When the buck's testosterone gets low, the antlers fall off.  What is left - the round hole is called the pedicle.  In about 5 or 6 weeks, you will begin to see the nubs growing which will become the new antlers in the late summer.  The rut or breeding period begins in early fall.  The soft material covering the antlers is called the velvet, which is shed before the rut, and what is left is the bone.

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick    So majestic! As others have commented, your photography is art!  The deer seem to jump right off the page.  The details are spot on.  

This group reminds me of the before and after weight loss ads.  However, these are the before and after antlers.  

Thank you for always brightening my day.  

Woofs and gentle hugs to Cricket. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick  These pictures are amazing, absolutely amazing.  You outdid yourself with them.  Again, I have to thank you for the enjoyment you bring to us  by showing the lovely Heartdeer.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@golding76 

GOLDIE IS A GIFTED OBSERVER of MAMAWICK'S ART -

yes Goldie - much agreed with your eye's view and your comments!

Smiley Happy