Esteemed Contributor

DEATH SENTENCE FOR THE FORMER NURSE

Husband and Wife team.....SHE [wife] SHOULD be paying restitution or going to jail for her part in it.

TYLER, Texas (AP) — A jury sentenced a former Texas nurse to death Wednesday for killing four patients by injecting air into their arteries after heart surgery.

The Smith County jury deliberated about two hours before condemning William George Davis to death. The 37-year-old Hallsville man’s sentence will be automatically appealed.

The sentence came a week after the same jury found him guilty of Capital Murder.

Jurors agreed with prosecutors that Davis killed four patients at a Tyler hospital in 2017 and 2018. John Lafferty, Ronald Clark, Christopher Greenway and Joseph Kalina suffered unexplained neurological problems and died while recovering from their heart surgeries at Christus Mother Frances Hospital.

During the trial's sentencing phase, prosecutors played for the jury recordings of telephone calls Davis made from jail shortly after the Oct. 19 guilty verdict. In a call to his ex-wife, Davis — a nurse in the hospital's cardiac intensive care unit — said he would find ways to prolong patients' ICU stays so he could work more overtime and make more money.

Experts witnesses for the Prosecution testified that all four victims showed signs of air in their brains that caused irreversible damage. After the fourth death, security video showed Davis was the last person to see the victim before the man's condition deteriorated.

source: Associated Press

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Re: DEATH SENTENCE FOR THE FORMER NURSE

What a horrible man, cold, without any compassion and certainly a killer.  I'm glad he was found guilty,  one less murderer on the prowl.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Husband and Wife team.....SHE [wife] SHOULD be paying restitution or going to jail for her part in it.

TYLER, Texas (AP) —

During the trial's sentencing phase, prosecutors played for the jury recordings of telephone calls Davis made from jail shortly after the Oct. 19 guilty verdict. In a call to his ex-wife, Davis — a nurse in the hospital's cardiac intensive care unit — said he would find ways to prolong patients' ICU stays so he could work more overtime and make more money.

source: Associated Press

@gertrudecloset   My post to you was factual.

This was not a husband/wife team.  The phone call came from the jail AFTER the Oct.19th verdict.  The prosecutors played it for consideration for this sentencing because Davis showed no remorse.

Prosecutor Lance Long said that the ex-wife and children were victims, too. 

Quote from Long:

"Davis’ ex-wife and their children are victims too, Long said, adding true remorse is not saying the deaths were accidents like Davis did"

SOURCE:  Tyler Morning Telegraph

Are we now not allowed to post corrections???

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 

I could have sworn when I first read this thread that there were several answers, including one pointing out that after Davis was convicted he then made the call to his wife. Then, later when I went back to the thread, there was only ONE response. Don't know why that happened as I saw nothing wrong with the other responders. 

Trusted Contributor

I live in Tyler, Tx. and everyone has been following this since it first began.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@Cakers3 

I could have sworn when I first read this thread that there were several answers, including one pointing out that after Davis was convicted he then made the call to his wife. Then, later when I went back to the thread, there was only ONE response. Don't know why that happened as I saw nothing wrong with the other responders. 

@Sushismom   I have no idea but since the posts were making a correction to the misinformation that the ex-wife was involved-it could have been looked at as "arguing".  Who knows anymore.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh