Honored Contributor

Re: DD got her car yesterday..........

I love all the new features.  I really love the heated steering wheel and heated seats in the winter.  The first time the low tire pressure light came on I was surprised.  They told me it was because of the change of seasons.  They just came on again recently.  I never had my tire pressure checked on my old car.  I'll bet my tires were always low on air.  

I like the safety features, too. The light that comes on if you put your signal on and there's someone in that lane if you go over is one that's very helpful.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have an older van & of course it's bell & whistle free BUT if I could add one it'd be a backup camera. People walking in parking lots talking on their phones don't pay attention to where they're going or where their kids are...I won't backout of parking spaces anymore because I've seen too many close calls with little kids, it's just ridiculous. Enjoy the new car @CrazyKittyLvr2.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@kaydee50  I know what you mean.  Give me a radio, air-conditioning and electric windows and I'm good.

They talk about distracted driving yet they put all this stuff on cars. Cameras, ability to plug in a ipad etc.

This thing has heated seats for heaven's sake.  I have survived for half a century with just heat in the car not under my butt.

I agree.  DH just got a new Volvo.  It has this knob to start it and I had to look in the manual how to disengage the parking brake.

It does have heated seats which are OK, but my six year old car has air conditioned seats.   Now that is nice.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Congrats to your DD, happy motoring🚘

I'm laughing at your part about the "lane correction" feature because I got a new Accord LX and that darn car just "insists" I'm a bad driver🤣🤣🤣

It drives me crazy because if you cut the curve or go a little over the line -- it corrects and goodness if you don't brake within so many feet the dash "brake" light flashes!

I got used to it but spouse hates it!  I won't let him turn it off but I don't care if he turns off the "speed" limit warning cuz I'm a fast driver😉

I love my car next one I want CRV much easier to get in & out for this old gal😁

I've been going to the same dealership and using the same salesman for 10 years.  I normally trade up with their program every 2 years or so & I don't have any real time there.  Usually, in and out quickly, since they know me.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie  I did the exact same thing in a rental car!  Same scenario, in the summer, flew into Dulles, in the evening so it was dark, and somehow I managed to hit that darn seat heater button in the rental.  I kept crankin' up the AC and thought I was having the worst hot flash known to womankind!  I finally figured out what I had done when I got to the hotel!  ....i yi yi.....SMH......

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz   That is too funny.  It's quite a story and you have to experience it for yourself to understand.  It's a hot and cold nightmare.

Honored Contributor

Dah’s car has heat and a/c in the seats of his car. The first time I felt a cool blast of air under my butt it was rather thrilling!
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

When I got my car I forgot it has heated seats.  OMG I was concerned I was having the "mother of all hot flashes" and it was 97 degrees out a/c on full speed.

Then my friend asked me if I put heater on.  I didn't think I had but was trying to adjust a/c and hit seat heater button🙄🙄🙄🙄

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I love my heated seats...sometimes I put the heat on in the spring and summer when AC is on due to my aching back

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Why do you have to "deal" with it.  Isn' it your daughter's car?