Esteemed Contributor

DD got her car yesterday..........

DD and I went yesterday and she got her new HRV.  That dealership is freakin huge. I sat in the lounge had coffee and chatted with a very nice couple waiting to see a salesman.

I drove her Civic home.  The new one is very nice although it has too many bells and whistles for me. It has that lane thing where if you get out of your own lane it lets you know.  Obviously, they never drove around the potholes in PA. Sometimes you have to leave your lane to avoid a crater.

I will say it's much easier for me to get in and out of.

DS said a friend of his might want my car for his son. One less thing I will have to deal with.

Honored Contributor

Re: DD got her car yesterday..........

I am so happy we don't need a car here in Chicago.  The last one we rented, a Ph.D. in engineering was required.  What happened to simple cars???

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50  I know what you mean.  Give me a radio, air-conditioning and electric windows and I'm good.

They talk about distracted driving yet they put all this stuff on cars. Cameras, ability to plug in a ipad etc.

This thing has heated seats for heaven's sake.  I have survived for half a century with just heat in the car not under my butt.

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I am so happy we don't need a car here in Chicago.  The last one we rented, a Ph.D. in engineering was required.  What happened to simple cars???

i know exactly what you're saying....last year i had a buy a new car...not because i wanted one....but because some idiot totaled mine....when i went to the dealership, the salesman was explaining all the bells and whistles that were in new cars....i told him not to bother spending time to explain them to me....i was going to cover them up with duct tape.....needless to say, he thought i was crazy.....i don't enjoy driving anymore......

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DD and I went yesterday and she got her new HRV.  That dealership is freakin huge. I sat in the lounge had coffee and chatted with a very nice couple waiting to see a salesman.

I drove her Civic home.  The new one is very nice although it has too many bells and whistles for me. It has that lane thing where if you get out of your own lane it lets you know.  Obviously, they never drove around the potholes in PA. Sometimes you have to leave your lane to avoid a crater.

I will say it's much easier for me to get in and out of.

DS said a friend of his might want my car for his son. One less thing I will have to deal with.

Bravo to your DD! I have an SUV with the lane change assist and must say I love it...though I had the car salesman put it on a lower level...the other would really jerk your car. Nothing a sweet as a new ride. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

oh i love a heated  and a/c seat!

they are often strong enough so i dont even have to turn on the heat in the car to keep me warm. one of the best features, but not really new. our older car has it and it is a 2006.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Congrats on the new car, @CrazyKittyLvr2. Always fun getting a new one.

I got a "new" used one earlier this year. There are some things we still haven't figured out yet. I think its a little too smart for us. But I love it anyway Smiley Happy

And I hope you and your dd love yours just as well.

We test drove a car that, if you got in the wrong lane, it would pull you back where it thought you needed to be. There was an option to turn that off, we found out later. I couldn't handle it moving us over on its own. Just a little too much for us.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@happycat wrote:

Congrats on the new car, @CrazyKittyLvr2. Always fun getting a new one.

I got a "new" used one earlier this year. There are some things we still haven't figured out yet. I think its a little too smart for us. But I love it anyway Smiley Happy

And I hope you and your dd love yours just as well.

We test drove a car that, if you got in the wrong lane, it would pull you back where it thought you needed to be. There was an option to turn that off, we found out later. I couldn't handle it moving us over on its own. Just a little too much for us.

Same...but there is an option of lightening that...mine now does a gentle pull...so not so jarring.

Congrats on your new ride too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

Usually something flashes or chimes if your seatbelt isn't hooked.  This one has a disembodied voice telling the offending person, driver or passenger, to buckle up.

I don't want objects talking to me.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

oh i love a heated  and a/c seat!

they are often strong enough so i dont even have to turn on the heat in the car to keep me warm. one of the best features, but not really new. our older car has it and it is a 2006.

We have a 1996 Outback with heated seats.  When it was new, I drove for four hours to Virginia late one August with the heated seats turned on and  couldn't figure how to turn them off, nor could I figure how they got turned on.  My bottom was on fire!

When I got to my destination, I read the owners manual.  The button was on the center console between the front seats and I placed my heavy purse over it and turned them on.

We still have the car as a spare.  I also have a 2003 Honda with heated seats.  The button is on the door and easy to find and use.  Comes in handy on cold days.