Honored Contributor

Re: DD couldn't vote this morning.

My husband and I had no trouble voting today, our voting site did have a new machine that the paper ballots went into. You have to be leery and know what your rights and alternatives are when you go to the voting sites these days.

Honored Contributor

@software   There is an alternative to voting on machines - it's called a paper ballot. Ask for it.

Or to avoid problems, vote early (1) or request a mail-in ballot. BOE will send you a paper ballot, fill it in and send it back.

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DD went to vote early on her way to work.  She called me and said she couldn't vote due to new way of doing it.  We are classified as a village to give you an idea of the size of where we live.  Always had paper ballots.

Now I guess it's some sort of tablet and they have to print something out before you can vote.  Nothing would print out.

They were trying to get hold of someone but  not getting any answer to their calls.

One guy had to get to work and had to work late tonight so he won't be able to vote at all.  He was understandably upset said someone was going to get a call.

Hopefully they will get it working.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Please follow-up on this with your local congressman or senator. Not saying this was intentional, but senior authorities need to be made aware of this ASAP as these days you can take nothing for granted.

I live in NV and we always have early voting which is really nice.  Usually there is never a long line.  Not sure why every state does not have early voting.

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Russian interference ?

Well it happened before.

Honored Contributor

It's not me with the problem.

I'm not the OP

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@software   There is an alternative to voting on machines - it's called a paper ballot. Ask for it.

Or to avoid problems, vote early (1) or request a mail-in ballot. BOE will send you a paper ballot, fill it in and send it back.