Esteemed Contributor

Re: DD couldn't vote this morning.

I just called one of DH's brothers and he said it's ok now.  My understanding is the Courthouse told them to let people go through.

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to add DD just go to vote after work.  DH's brother said they had problems last election too.

I'm sure the local news stations will cover any problems.  If I remember correctly there were problems in a town nearby during the last election.

Technonolgy is great when it works.

Respected Contributor

Re: I enjoy going to vote with most other people. I don’t thi...

" I would only do an absentee vote as a last resort. "

@esmerelda   May I ask why? 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

I voted this morning and was given the option to vote electronically or on a paper ballot.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My county opted to continue with paper ballots, I am glad.  Paper is counted by machine, but locked up as it is counted in case it is needed later.

I just don’t find election interference humorous.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@IamMrsGBecause if I can get to my polling station on election day...why would I need to vote absentee?

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@shoesnbags Early voting for what election?  Today is election day across the country, in states where elections are taking place.

@esmerelda 

Not necessarily so.  I'm in the New Orleans area and Louisiana's primary elections (Governor as well as local) took place on Oct. 12, with run-off elections on November 12.  Early voting for the Nov. 12 election is running from November 2 to November 9. 

@shoesnbagsI stand corrected.  And my head hurts. Woman Sad

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote: @IamMrsG  Because if I can get to my polling station on election day...why would I need to vote absentee?

@esmerelda   Thanks for responding to my question.  I wondered if you knew of a specific reason for not voting absentee.  You see, I have not 'needed to,' but have voted regularly on an absentee ballot for many years. 

I like the convenience (and privacy) it gives me, and there has never been a problem with it, i.e., no parking hassles, inclement weather, standing in line, equipment failures, etc.  The ballot arrives in the mail, I fill it out while sipping a cup o' coffee (and usually still in my PJs), put it back in the mailbox and off it goes!   I check later at the Board of Elections website to confirm my ballot was received and accepted.  

I think the important factor is, regardless how we accomplish it, is that we value and use our right to cast a vote.  Heart

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just to clarify, early voting is voting a few weeks before Election Day.  I voted October 26th.  I know OP's DD voted early in the morning.  

Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

@IamMrsGBecause if I can get to my polling station on election day...why would I need to vote absentee?

One could also say, "Why should I get in to my car, drive to the polling station. try and find a parking spot, stand in line, then squeeze in to a tiny booth, when I can vote from the comfort of my home, and just drop the ballot in my mailbox?".

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.