Esteemed Contributor

DD couldn't vote this morning.

DD went to vote early on her way to work.  She called me and said she couldn't vote due to new way of doing it.  We are classified as a village to give you an idea of the size of where we live.  Always had paper ballots.

Now I guess it's some sort of tablet and they have to print something out before you can vote.  Nothing would print out.

They were trying to get hold of someone but  not getting any answer to their calls.

One guy had to get to work and had to work late tonight so he won't be able to vote at all.  He was understandably upset said someone was going to get a call.

Hopefully they will get it working.

Trusted Contributor

Re: DD couldn't vote this morning.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DD went to vote early on her way to work.  She called me and said she couldn't vote due to new way of doing it.  We are classified as a village to give you an idea of the size of where we live.  Always had paper ballots.

Now I guess it's some sort of tablet and they have to print something out before you can vote.  Nothing would print out.

They were trying to get hold of someone but  not getting any answer to their calls.

One guy had to get to work and had to work late tonight so he won't be able to vote at all.  He was understandably upset said someone was going to get a call.

Hopefully they will get it working.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Please follow-up on this with your local congressman or senator. Not saying this was intentional, but senior authorities need to be made aware of this ASAP as these days you can take nothing for granted.

Honored Contributor

We voted early for the first time in NY they have early voting, it was great

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

My voting is under the supervision of the Probate Judge's office.

I would call your voting supervisor ASAP

They should have a Plan B when implementing a new method.

Honored Contributor

I love that voting nowadays might be easier than it once was, but might is the key word!

Esteemed Contributor

If there is a problem with the voting machines ask for a provisional ballot. 

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

twitter

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

If there is a problem with the voting machines ask for a provisional ballot. 

And if they won't give you one, there should be a local or county judge assigned to handle election issues. He/she can order a provisional ballot be provided. I had to go before the county election judge in 1980 when the County Board of Elections decided I was no longer registered. Whoever was in charge of filling out the books they used for registered voters decided the registration was only good for four elections (two primary and two general) and not four years, (It is for four years) so since I hadn't voted in the last four elections they removed my name from the book. I went before the judge and he got it cleared up in a few minutes time. Granted he had to threaten to send the deputies over to arrest everyone if they wouldn't issue the provisional ballot, but he got it done. No problems since then.

I just got back from voting and we had a very low turnout so far. There was no line, no wait, no issues at all. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

YES......spread the word on social media, call your local tv stations, and contact the league of women voters in you area to report this. she should absolutely have the right to vote today and if she is denied then something is wrong. make your voice heard!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Since this is a new way of doing it, it looks like the powers that be would have made sure all the kinks were out.

People need to be able to vote and those votes need to be counted.