Esteemed Contributor

DD Upon Entering Her Car......................

Holey $&(&@#%!.  It was 105 according to her car thermometer.  She said after a couple minutes it was down to a balmy 97. Must take AC a little bit to help cool down 105 degrees.

She left the office at 3:30 to go to the Courthouse and then she is done for the day (left early). She is going to a nearby town for a 5:00 movie. Hope the AC will be cranked up there.

When she told me about her exclamation getting in her car I said, "Geez, where did you get that mouth."

She calmly replied, My Mother.

Trusted Contributor

Re: DD Upon Entering Her Car......................

A temp of 105 is actually almost cool for where I live (southern Arizona), where we have already had 4 days of  115 degrees and over , and 16 days of around 112 to 113 degrees!  Yikes!   I am lucky that my car stays in the garage, and it only takes 2 minutes or so to get the A/C cranked up!

Esteemed Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

A temp of 105 is actually almost cool for where I live (southern Arizona), where we have already had 4 days of  115 degrees and over , and 16 days of around 112 to 113 degrees!  Yikes!   I am lucky that my car stays in the garage, and it only takes 2 minutes or so to get the A/C cranked up!

Yea, in Arizona it's a normal temp. It's supposed to be 114 tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

Her car is in a parking lot but there are several trees surrounding it and she tries to park in the shade.

Esteemed Contributor

@123SuzyQ123 wrote:

@123SuzyQ123 How efficient is your air conditioner with those extreme temperatures? 

Trusted Contributor

@manny2   We had to get the house A/C worked on 2 summers in a row (2017 and 2018) but it has been holding up good since those 2 repairs.  My car A/C does very well, it is a fairly new car and the A/C in it is super!   The heat in Arizona is a dry heat, however, last week, we had 6 straight days of heat with humidity, which is unusual !   Probably because we are in the monsoon season now.

Esteemed Contributor

That's enough to blister your biscuits!

For hot car I start A/C - open all the windows - blast the fan ON to let hot air exit the vehicle. 

For hot seats - just stand outside of car for a couple of minutes.

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt   It will burn your biscuits.

When I worked the parking lot got the afternoon sun.  One day the steering wheel was so hot I couldn't touch it.  Opened all the windows and turned on the AC.  It took awhile until I could hold the steering wheel.

Honored Contributor

Does she have a windsheild sheild?  They help a lot.

Respected Contributor

My car temp routinely says 110-120 in the summer when I first get inside depending upon whether it has been parked in the sun for very long. I am SO ready for fall!