Honored Contributor

Re: DD Upon Entering Her Car......................

@CrazyKittyLvr2    Tell dd when she first starts the car to roll down a couple of windows part way for a few minutes.  That pulls the hot air outside so the car cools sooner.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@fthunt 

I have a sweater or shawl in each car ( take one with me when my friend drives ) and fold it over the seat.  It's ready to go into our destination which is usually " over-air conditioned "

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Holey $&(&@#%!.  It was 105 according to her car thermometer.  She said after a couple minutes it was down to a balmy 97. Must take AC a little bit to help cool down 105 degrees.

She left the office at 3:30 to go to the Courthouse and then she is done for the day (left early). She is going to a nearby town for a 5:00 movie. Hope the AC will be cranked up there.

When she told me about her exclamation getting in her car I said, "Geez, where did you get that mouth."

She calmly replied, My Mother.

@CrazyKittyLvr2. Most importantly what movie did she see, and was it good.  I'm always looking for suggestions. 

Honored Contributor

LOL, came back to bite you in the behind!!  They say, what goes around, comes around. Thanks for today's lesson.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Travone    She went to see the Jordon Peele movie  NOPE.

A whopping 25 or so people in theatre.

Honored Contributor

Not surprising at all for anyone who ever experienced summer.  Our cars are mostly metal and when parked under the sun, they heat up.  If it's 85 outside, it will be 100 in your car under normal summer weather.  That's why they  sell those windshield sun shields that keep the inside cooler.  Still....  I'd much rather deal with a hot car that cools when the ac kicks in than a car encased in ice and snow that has shoveled, chiseled, chipped out before you can get in.  That's why regardless of how hot it gets, I don't complain.  I just think about what the weather will be like in 6 months. 

Esteemed Contributor

My car's thermometer (and I assume they all do) almost always reads hotter or cooler year round until you get going a few miles down the road.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2. I've seen the promos for that movie. it looks good. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Travone  She enjoyed it.  It isn't my kind of movie though.

She did say there was a preview of an Idris Elba movie coming in August.  He takes his kids to Africia after his wife died.  I gather she was a photographer.  Rogue lion is killing folks and he has to save his kids.

Now, will I go to theatre at $10/12 bucks to see it.  No.  If it comes to On Demand/Direct TV and it is a 2 day rental for $3.99/5.99, probably.  Looking at Idris and African scenery is worth $5 in the comfort of my own home.