Esteemed Contributor

DD Says It's Good I Snore..................

I've posted before about my darned insomnia. It's been bad lately, and as in the past, after awhile my body just says "you are going to sleep."

I sat down in the recliner yesterday afternoon to finish a movie I had started the night before. I had no intention of sleeping but out I went.

DD told me she came down the steps and said Mom several times. Called louder and then came right next to me and very loudly and said "Mary".  Nothing. My sister had called and the phone was 18 inches from my head. I didn't hear it.

She said it was good I was snoring or she would have called 911.

DH always told me that when I got into that deep of sleep I snored. I told him he was full of applesauce.

Do you sleep that soundly?  Thankfully, it doesn't happen often.

Honored Contributor

Re: DD Says It's Good I Snore..................

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

You need this t-shirt:

I Don't Snore I Dream I'm A Motorcycle T-Shirt, Hoodie, Tank Top

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Look up snoring and sleep apnea. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   I'm a very light sleeper and it's also difficult for me to fall asleep. Bad set up, right? I've been like this since a child. I go through the recommended routine of shutting off the TV and gadgets, do some stretching, quiet time, hot bath, soothing music, etc. IF I finally fall asleep, DH makes some noise coming to bed, Molly barks, etc., that's it. Takes me an hour to fall back asleep...if I'm lucky. I rely on afternoon naps. Yes, have tried not napping to see if that was interfering w/ sleep. Nope. I was more tired...walking into walls tired. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom  Love the T-shirt.

@esmerelda  I don't snore all the time,  just when I'm very sleep deprived.  DH always knew when the insomnia caught up with me, I snored.  Otherwise, not a peep.

@Shanus  When my kids were babies and little I heard everything.  If they moved 1/4 of an inch in bed I heard it.

Honored Contributor

That's cute. Glad you got some sound sleep.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 You need a sleep study. Insomnia and snoring are no joke. Snoring puts you are risk for a variety of serious health problems. When able, get a sleep study done, you will probably end up on a C-Pap but having a C-Pap will allow you to sleep great. 

Honored Contributor

Some snoring can be related to sleep apnea.  So I can't imagine all snoring is good.  My husband snores and I hate it.  Thank goodness I usually sleep pretty soundly.

Honored Contributor

If I get 6 hours of sleep a night, I'm lucky and I'm a very, very light sleeper, the slightest noise will wake me up and then I can't go back to sleep for 2-3 hours.

I do sleep with an air cleaner right next to my head to clean the air and provide 'white noise', to help block out unusual sounds that wake me up.

DH sleeps like a rock, within 10 seconds of his head hitting the pillow he's dead asleep and hears nothing!

Just to give you an example, our neighbor directly across a neighborhood street from us. had his truck catch fire late at night, while it was under his carport.

We had fire engines arriving with siren and lights right in front of our house and many neighbors gathering.....he never heard a thing.

When his snoring got worse, I moved into the guest room.....it was a better option than stuffing a sock in his mouth, since that would be, ummmmm...... murder.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Husband and I snored until sleep studies showed our sleep apnea was the cause.  CPAPs have stopped the snoring and introduced a deep and peaceful night's sleep into our lives.  We feel so much more rested and alert.