Respected Contributor

Re: DD Said It Was 99 Degrees Leaving Work....

I'm in NY and we are suffering the same heat wave.  The only thing worse than this heat wave is my sister constantly texting me pictures of her and her family frolicking in the cool ocean waves on their vacation.  It's very taunting!  I'd give anything to be swimming right now.  The air con is great but it's so artifical and after a while it gets on my nerves but we cannot turn it off.  Listen to me complaining about air condition!  Someone slap me.  The heat has melted my brain.

Esteemed Contributor

@Grouchomarx  I agree that after awhile the air conditioner and fans get to me.  I get tired of hearing them run.

A couple nights ago I was awake at 2:30 am watching a movie and it was either turn the volume up or put on closed captioning. 

I said to heck with it and turned the fans for the duration of the movie. The near silence was wonderful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt   Yes, if it weren't for air conditioning, the Southwest would only be inhabited by rattlesnakes and jackrabbits.  We should celebrate as a national holiday the inventor's birthday.

Screenshot_20200728-172616~2.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt   Yes, if it weren't for air conditioning, the Southwest would only be inhabited by rattlesnakes and jackrabbits.  We should celebrate as a national holiday the inventor's birthday.

Screenshot_20200728-172616~2.png

@Kachina624 

YES!!!! It should be a BIG HOLIDAY in the South & Southwest! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”