Respected Contributor

Re: DD Has A Case Of The Covid Crankies.

I imagine it's happening to many people by now. I'm doing pretty good. Ask my hubby I'm sure he'd say I'm cranky. I think I'm doing fantastic considering the man normally travels for weeks at a time internationally and hasn't gone anywhere all year. 

Respected Contributor

I read somewhere that this will make the youngers tough.  Theywill learn the world does not revolve around them.

Respected Contributor

To cut my own COVID crankies (good name for it!), I go for a nice long drive with an audiobook playing.  And I still go to work M-F!  I can't image being in the same 4 walls 24/7.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

LOL. Sorry, but I at first read the heading as Covid Cankles. I thought, gee I've heard a lot of symptoms, but not CANKLES. 

Honored Contributor

DH and I argue over silly things....just because we are bored and stressed. Sometimes we both stop, look at each other and laugh about what we were arguing about😄

Respected Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

I read somewhere that this will make the youngers tough.  Theywill learn the world does not revolve around them.

That can be applied to any age group.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Oh, I know that home atmosphere very well!   

Teacher daughter has been doing oral testing with her special ed students online this week.  She has a student graduating, county and school administration are trying to work out a safe graduation ceremony for seniors, and new changes are communicated daily.  

Add in department meetings 2x a week, along with full staff meetings, calls from the county office, calls from the parents and students, and my sweet, jovial, good natured daughter becomes a $#%@* by the end of the day!  

Most of the time she realizes she’s had all she can take, goes to her room, shuts the door, and takes a nap.   

Esteemed Contributor

@BeautyLver  Taking care of me?  No, she is not here taking care of me because of the virus.  She moved back when her Dad was diagnosed with cancer and helped with getting him to treatment and after surgery.  I had trouble getting around then, needed a new hip.  I have since had the surgery.

After he died last year she has stayed.  She is welcome here but if she wants to move out I'll be fine with that.

She has her own life, pays rent, helps around the house but comes and goes and does her own thing.

I never want my kids to give up having a  life to take care of me. I get around fine.

Everyone I know miss their own life right now.

Super Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@BeautyLver  Taking care of me?  No, she is not here taking care of me because of the virus.  She moved back when her Dad was diagnosed with cancer and helped with getting him to treatment and after surgery.  I had trouble getting around then, needed a new hip.  I have since had the surgery.

After he died last year she has stayed.  She is welcome here but if she wants to move out I'll be fine with that.

She has her own life, pays rent, helps around the house but comes and goes and does her own thing.

I never want my kids to give up having a  life to take care of me. I get around fine.

Everyone I know miss their own life right now.

Yes, of course everyone worldwide is missing the routine of life as we knew prior.  Thought your daughter was still underage living at home not a grown woman.   

Esteemed Contributor

@BeautyLver  She is 50.  I will be 70 in the fall.