Respected Contributor

Cyber Black Friday Experience

Ever so frustrated when I sat down minutes before deals were to begin on Target.com. Item could be selected for quick pick but not able to put put in cart. Searching by name did not produce item in flyer. Neither did item number. So disappointed and angry when finally told out of stock. Doubt if ever there. Can’t say if I will depend on that again.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cyber Black Friday Experience

[ Edited ]

@twins mom wrote:
Ever so frustrated when I sat down minutes before deals were to begin on Target.com. Item could be selected for quick pick but not able to put put in cart. Searching by name did not produce item in flyer. Neither did item number. So disappointed and angry when finally told out of stock. Doubt if ever there. Can’t say if I will depend on that again.

@twins mom- I'm sure the items were available. There are Truth in Advertising Laws. Target is huge and has a legal department which ensures they follow those laws to the letter. 

Target was open for their Black Friday sales for several hours on Thanksgiving. Confident the savvy shoppers were on-line as soon as those sale prices were posted. You do know the sale items are limited? First come; first serve is the name of the game on all holiday sales. Don't let your BP rise; it isn't worth the hassle to shop during the holidays anyway!

Next year, shop through the year and have it all done before Halloween. Everything will be paid in full, you'll be so organized and the season will be enjoyable.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Of course the items wre availabe, Target would not lie about sales and open the door to a storm of bad publicity.  The sales started yesterday or even the day before and millions of people were online shopping today.  You just lost out.  My friend was up at 3am and online shopping at Toys R Us and Target.  She wasn't going to wait for daylight.  

Honored Contributor

Don't let the size of the company determine whether their offers are legitimate or not.  Walgreens used to be famous for advertising items they didn't have in stock; classic bait and switch.....until the Texas Attorney General sued them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The Target site was wonky today. I’m not finding their prices to be competitive anymore so I only shop there every 3-4 months. 

Respected Contributor

I jumped on line minutes before “opening” on thanksgiving. No luck with same response that I had this morning at store opening time. Item not available in store. When item is detailed in search area, it should come up. I have, however, had some of same luck with QVC searches.
Honored Contributor

DD & I debated whether we should go the online route or shop in person.

After some discussion, we decided to shop in person and we got everything we wanted at a great price.   No waiting on delivery.

I've never been a big online shopper, I am surrounded by great retail.

We had a great time shopping.   Standing in the check out lines in a couple of places wasn't fun but we took turns.     Some of the stores limited the number of shoppers inside, which was great.    I had to wait maybe 5 minutes in line outside but when one came out, one was allowed in.   And once inside, shopping was a breeze.   Not crowded and short check out lines.   

Most of the stores were very well organized and prepared for the sales.

And being in the south, even though one of  our malls made national news for a fight, everyone was very polite and patient.

Every time I used my debit card, I held my breath.   I figured all the sales would over load the system or there would be some other failure.   I did get one decline, but after trying again, my purchase went through.

I get back home to double check my bank balance and there was a message on the home page something about certain transactions were impacted and are now recorded.   Seems my bank wasn't ready for Black Friday!   My account was fine.

Respected Contributor

Of course products sold out. Of course websites were slow. Of course lines were long. Driving home from my SIL’s at 7:00 on Thanksgiving we passed a WalMart. Every parking spot was full. We found it depressing. 

Honored Contributor

@software I think if you don't get out into the hustle and bustle once in awhile that you are missing out.It is kind of like watching a football game on tv or actually being at the stadium.The crowd feeds on each other's excitement and the noise and action are heightened.BF shoppers have their game plan and strategies to get to all of the stores where the deals are scored..Some people win and some lose but the rush and defeat can be seen and felt...You can stand in cashier lines proud of your shopping skills with all of the other victorious shoppers or you can be frustrated at home by all of the internet problems and overloads.Black Friday is an event...you can choose to be a player or side lined.

Honored Contributor

There's still Cyber Monday