Esteemed Contributor

Re: Customer "Service" that serves only the business

After all we learned about their practices in 2008, I have no clue why anyone would stay with WF or BofA.

You onsider yourself a "loyal" customer but it's clear they abuse their customers.

Take your business elsewhere. It's all they undedstand.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Kachina624 I'm often nervous at bank ATMs. Some of them have less security than other places that aren't required to have it. I tryto get most of my "spending money" at the market or drugstore.

I agree.  DH is the bank person in the family and gets cash needed.  I ask him to wait until he's at the supermarket, there's a small manned bank in there with security and a lot of cameras in the store.  Of course you still have to be careful once you've walked out but, once again, a lot of cameras.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

After all we learned about their practices in 2008, I have no clue why anyone would stay with WF or BofA.

You onsider yourself a "loyal" customer but it's clear they abuse their customers.

My "loyalty" to most businesses is tied to whether they screw me, personally, up in some way - defraud me so that it has cost me money, gotten me notified by the IRS, etc. To my knowledge, that I can readily see, WF has not done this with me.

I have, indeed, taken my money elsewhere when it comes to other businesses for different reasons - reasons that are up to me 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I HATE when you go into a store and the clerk asks you if you want their credit card.  

Why?   Because it's so hard and timing consuming to say "no"....

Actually it is time consuming: The cashier has to slow down to ask you if you want the credit card and the usual spiel that goes along with it. You answer "no" and life goes on. However I've been behind some who have answered "Yes" to the credit card or store rewards card and the customers behind have to wait especially with a grocery store rewards card. The customer has the option of filling that out and using it right then. If it's a credit card then the cashier has to get the brochure and hand it over, often giving instructions on how to take advantage of the discount.

Very annoying. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I HATE when you go into a store and the clerk asks you if you want their credit card.  

Why?   Because it's so hard and timing consuming to say "no"....

@chrystaltree

Because it's a pain and I'm not interested in there cc, that's why.  I say, "no thank you" and leave it at that.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Trusted Contributor

I think there is a vast difference, between, an employee participating in illegal behavior, to keep their job, and participating in behavior that customers, may find annoying. 

In the first instance, you'd hope the employee was bright enough to realize that illegal behavior, could have consequences, far more unpleasant, than unemployment. 

In the second instance, it would be dandy, if all employees said, "I have my principals. I'm not going to push credit cards, or the day's featured sale item, or ask customers to make charitable donations". Assuming the employee is just working for the heck of it, maybe that's what they should do. However, if you're supporting yourself or you're helping support your family, and you know, asking about credit card applications, and mentioning that spiffy toaster, is part of your job, a job you need, at least, till you find something better, I understand, feeling that feeding your kids, is more important than not annoying customers. 

I'm 45, I worked in high end retail, all thru college. Even back then we were expected to promote sales, pitch special events, etc,  If you couldn't be a team player, you might, very well, not be on the team! 

As a sales associate, I understood sales techniques and goals, merchandising, complaint resolution, etc.  I certainly had no idea, however, nor, do I think, did my co-workers, of the inner workings, of the companies upper echelons. They could  have been plotting the takeover of the free world, for all we knew.  🤓

Honored Contributor

What I hate are the scripts that are nothing but patronizing. I hear the same spiel by every CS company, especially those located overseas. These scripts never answer the question; they talk around the problem, repeat what you say and then do nothing to actually solve the problem.

And yes, this DOES make me think and consider if I still want to do business with the company.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Kachina624 I'm often nervous at bank ATMs. Some of them have less security than other places that aren't required to have it. I tryto get most of my "spending money" at the market or drugstore.

I agree.  DH is the bank person in the family and gets cash needed.  I ask him to wait until he's at the supermarket, there's a small manned bank in there with security and a lot of cameras in the store.  Of course you still have to be careful once you've walked out but, once again, a lot of cameras.

I'm with you ladies on this one. I will not use an ATM that is tucked away or behind the bank. Thankfully, most retail places give you the option of cash back, and I rarely use an ATM anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

What I hate are the scripts that are nothing but patronizing. I hear the same spiel by every CS company, especially those located overseas. These scripts never answer the question; they talk around the problem, repeat what you say and then do nothing to actually solve the problem.

And yes, this DOES make me think and consider if I still want to do business with the company.

I completely agree. Some companies' "CS" is set up to push you into hanging up/giving up. They do not pay the slightest attention to what you're actually saying/asking. They robo-repeat things like reboot, plug/unplug, and/or formulaic gibberish that demonstrates they don't know what you said and also don't care.

Some of them *cannot* help you in that yes, they actually could, but the employer gives them no power to do it, so really, you aren't helped. The script is insulting for sure, but I think it's insulting to the CS rep too. It assumes they're not capable of understanding anyone's issues. So why did they hire them then? IMO to make it so you want to hang up and stop trying.

Not all companies with overseas CS are like this. Some are able to help, and do. Amazon's overseas CS is better than any I've used. They understand you, Amazon has told them to help and keep the customer happy, so they can and do.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Snowpuppy  I've been with B of A  or its predecessors since 1982, and switching is a pain in the neck with auto deposits and payments.  I have strong connections to USAA Financial Services and am thing about switching.  You can use any ATM anywhere and they'll reimburse the charge.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment