Respected Contributor

Curtis Stone HSN TSV Pre Sale

98D40A98-7EEF-45AB-8161-EF58D7D7047F.png

I was hoping for a set of two frying pans.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone HSN TSV Pre Sale

Another electric appliance.  Where does everybody keep all this stuff?  We have a medium sized kitchen and it's full, along with the closet in the laundry room and some shelves in the garage.  

Valued Contributor

I have an electric skillet circa 1981 (a Westbend).  I rarely use it.  But keep it "just in case" and it does take up a lot of room.  However, it was a dinner saver when my oven died on Christmas Eve a few years ago.  Between it, the tiny toaster oven,  and the charcoal grill we were able to have our family dinner as planned.  But I agree, unless you have a large kitchen or plenty of storage space (I have neither), where are people supposed to keep all the electric appliances?

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree - who has the space for these occasional use appliances?  I LOVE his pans and have a bunch of them that get used all the time and are great.  I am always looking to be tempted to buy something additional from him (even if I don't really need it).  However, his last visit offered mostly food and this visit's offering doesn't tempt me at all.  Two visits in a row that I will likely not even tune in to watch - and I usually sit through all his presentations.  This visit isn't really offering much that is new and again it is offering so much food.  I just don't buy food online; even if I did, the prices are ridiculous! He has 2 lemon herbed spatchcock chickens for nearly $69.95 - that is nearly $35 per chicken.  Or, you can buy just one for $49.95!   Who would pay that kind of money for flat chickens (or for that matter not flat chickens)?  Not me! Hopefully he will get back to kitchen basics with that great coating. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

I agree with all of you. If this was an 8” I would have bought it but a 14” pan way too big for us. I bought one like this TSV in a 14” size a few years and only used it a few times. I gave it to my niece and she uses it all the time. It is just hubby and I so it took up too much counter space.

We don’t like eating out much so we enjoy being at home eating when and what we want. We like different things so the Cooks Essential Air Fryer or my new Breville Air does just about everything we need to do. I also have a Pressure Cooker also and that is used several times a year but I will always keep that for my roasts. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aggravated wrote:

Another electric appliance.  Where does everybody keep all this stuff?  We have a medium sized kitchen and it's full, along with the closet in the laundry room and some shelves in the garage.  

i keep mine on shelves inside our garage.

they are put into a clear garbage bag or leaf bag so i can easily see them when needed and they stay relatively dust free.

i am probably going to be in trouble with this TS. lol

this is perfect for casseroles, stews and comes in handy when you dont want to use the oven or stove. it just creates less heat. i get a lot of use out of these during the holidays also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@Havarti wrote:

I totally agree - who has the space for these occasional use appliances?  I LOVE his pans and have a bunch of them that get used all the time and are great.  I am always looking to be tempted to buy something additional from him (even if I don't really need it).  However, his last visit offered mostly food and this visit's offering doesn't tempt me at all.  Two visits in a row that I will likely not even tune in to watch - and I usually sit through all his presentations.  This visit isn't really offering much that is new and again it is offering so much food.  I just don't buy food online; even if I did, the prices are ridiculous! He has 2 lemon herbed spatchcock chickens for nearly $69.95 - that is nearly $35 per chicken.  Or, you can buy just one for $49.95!   Who would pay that kind of money for flat chickens (or for that matter not flat chickens)?  Not me! Hopefully he will get back to kitchen basics with that great coating. 

@Havarti 

i saw the price of the chickens yesterday and realized i was in the wrong business <smile>. i have $70, but i won't spend it on 2 or even 4 chickens. maybe the chickens have gold inside, as a bonus gift.

every few years, i donate the appliances that i haven't used in years to a charity.

while the price is good for the electric skillet, i'm not sure what i would need to cook in it. i would prefer a slow cooker that size.

i suspect the next tsv will be in the early fall, so maybe a set of baking pans. the ONLY thing i really need is a 2 pack of sheets pans that fit in a counter top oven.

like many here, i have a good collection of curtis stone cookware.

let's see if we can hold out on the electric skillet. have a good day.

Valued Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I agree with all of you. If this was an 8” I would have bought it but a 14” pan way too big for us. I bought one like this TSV in a 14” size a few years and only used it a few times. I gave it to my niece and she uses it all the time. It is just hubby and I so it took up too much counter space.

We don’t like eating out much so we enjoy being at home eating when and what we want. We like different things so the Cooks Essential Air Fryer or my new Breville Air does just about everything we need to do. I also have a Pressure Cooker also and that is used several times a year but I will always keep that for my roasts. 

@MKR14 

i am right there with you about eating out these days. i don't know why it's not as fun as it use to be.

how do you like your new breville oven? did you buy the one that air fries? that is the one that i have my eye on. i really wish it had a rotisserie.

Honored Contributor

Good price.  I don't have room either, but may have "caved" if it was smaller.  I cook for one.   The last CS set I bought has the larger pans.  I'm using them, but don't need more larger items.  I wish he would sell an Air Fryer.  (I love the one I have, but would be interested in seeing what he would present.)

Respected Contributor

I love my new Breville Smart Air Oven. It is made so well. I have used several settings but not the air fryer one as I have an air fryer. The reviews are awesome on this Oven. 

I love being able to use the 12 cup muffin tin on this oven and the 9”x13” pans in it. It has a bump out in the back and you can make a 13” pizza. My son is visiting and he made pizza last night in it. The door has marking on it to show where to put the racks for each setting. I love that. Everything bakes to perfection and easy non stick clean up inside. I love the light inside also. The light come on when it is on the last minute of cooking time. The dials are so easy to use as they turn and not touch. I didn’t want a touch screen and this is better.

I think going out to eat has gotten so expensive that all I can think of is how many groceries I can buy with that amount. We are in our 70’s but can do just about everything we need ourselves and you can never beat homemade cooking. I have so many unsatisfying meals out that making my own I enjoy more.

I had the Breville Smart Oven Pro and the only reason I bought the new Air was for more interior room. My daughter loves my other Breville I passed down to her.

Since my son has been visiting I have been making all his favorite foods and forgot how much I do love to cook. We have central air conditioning so the hot weather doesn’t bother the kitchen.