Frequent Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone HSN TSV Pre Sale

Cooking gadgets/items and cookbooks are  my choice of "drugs" .... lol  I love to cook and entertain.  Years have gone on and famility situations have changed, so have my cooking habits.

In my younger days, I probably would have wanted this item and use it often.  A few posters said they would be interested in a smaller skillet.  I do have a larger electric skillet, but for the smaller meals I make, I'm in LOVE with my 8" electric skillet.  I got mine form Overstock.com

Nesco ES-08 8-Inch Electric Skillet

I use this everyday, as I said, for my larger meals, I'll use my larger electric skillet.

INesco-ES-08-8-Inch-Electric-Skillet-.jpg

Honored Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

Another electric appliance.  Where does everybody keep all this stuff?  We have a medium sized kitchen and it's full, along with the closet in the laundry room and some shelves in the garage.  

@aggravated 

I figure if the pots/pans set of his that I purchased is all he promised it is, I shouldn’t need additional gadgets. 

I live in a small apartment with almost no storage space. I don’t have places to store the basics much less extra gadgets and appliances. Recognizing this saves me a lot of money! I don’t watch the presentations on things I am not interested in buying either and that gives me lots of time for other things.

Respected Contributor

I love Curtis’s DuraPans, and have many pieces. But I don’t get why anyone needs this if they have a stove. I guess if your feeding a huge group and need another heat source... For me, No way I need another big item to store- 

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I love Curtis’s DuraPans, and have many pieces. But I don’t get why anyone needs this if they have a stove. I guess if your feeding a huge group and need another heat source... For me, No way I need another big item to store- 

when you are having a dinner or luncheon buffet style, it is the perfect way to keep items warm without having to use another serving dish. it looks good and is practical.

it is nice not to have to use the stove or oven in the summer months. they create a much "hotter" environment in the kitchen this time of the year.

and yes, sometimes during larger gatherings, the stove doesnt hold enough pots and pans. this is a wonderful option.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

If you think you might need an electric skillet that's larger than that 14" CS skillet, which is huge enough imo,  then check out the Deen Bros. electric 16"!! skillet over on evine for about the same price. My friend has the Deen one and its gigantic! Good for large crowds or big families. She loves it.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have 3 other electric cooking appliances in various shapes and sizes so won't be adding this one.  One of my favorites is Paula Deen's grille/griddle that has a removable lid and the cooking surface is two sided one for grill one for griddle.  Having an appliance like this does give you the ability to use it in places other than your stovetop.  I often take mine out to the deck and cook out there in nice weather which cuts down on the heat and smells in the house.  Of course you have to have an outlet available on the outside to use it.

Respected Contributor

Just ordered 3 of these along with the lid holder.  One for my husband and I and the 2 others for my daughters.  We have an old one that my mom gave us years ago. It used to be hers. Time for that oldie to be retired.  Don't have to heat up the big stove when we want to do chicken legs for 2. Can make my sweet and sour meatballs all in one pan, transport it and keep it warm when we get to the party. Clean up is a breeze as with all of Curtis's Durapans. Can't wait to get it!

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 

I bought CS frypans when he first came to HSN.  They lasted many years but had dull & scratched interiors.  For the price, I certainly got my $$$ worth.

My cousin suggested buying WP TS which was 2 fry pans.

Wow Wow Wow these pans are outstanding & substantial in weight.  I'm loving them!  Of course I bought at TS price but here they are if interested.  Nothing sticks,  cook evenly (on glass top) and perfectly weighted so they stay balanced.  I haven't used any type of oil/butter and nothing sticks🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

1FDB2FB2-06E7-4FC5-8948-B2F34CDF6942.png

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  Thanks I will check Wolfgangs pans out.

I bought two sets of the bakeware Baking sheet Sets of Curtis’s. I have the gold set and these are amazing. I bought one for a gift and an extra for myself. These all fit in the Breville Smart Oven Air and just the sizes I use all the time. 

I have watched most of his shows today and love watching him. Theyare having him do is promote all his other items. I think the show host should as that is not what he usually does or looks comfortable doing.

I am not interested in any meat items especially the prices.

I did email his company a few months ago about making an 8” small round appliance similar to the one Cathy Mitchell used to promote on the commercials. Hopefully he will do one of those. Mine is the Platinum XL round one but only about 5-6” across and an 8” would be perfect.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wasn't interested until I flicked on and saw the TS.

Ok, have never owned electric skillet (and don't recall my mother using one) so what does one use this for besides pot roasts ?  Is it used in place of frypans on stoves?

It looks nice.  I do own his dura pans used on stovetop/oven.  

Thank you