Honored Contributor

Re: Current Favorite "Fast Food"

@Oznell

Can't even remember the last time I ate any "fast food", but I did have a bowl of "regular oatmeal" this morning. I say this because in our new microwave it takes only a bit over 2 minutes, and that's fast.

Not many, if any, people eat the way I do. My wife will verify that along with "he's nuts", I hear that often. Fast food, even spending money to eat out, is a very rare thing to me. Sure, I am a frugal(some say cheap) person, always have been, but my choice to eat at home has little to do with money spent. Heck, my wife eats out 2-3-4, or more times a week.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@dexwrote:

I don’t eat out often but I like Starbucks sous vide egg bites....aaaaaaamazing.

@dex, I agree.  Love those.  I don't know if you have an Instant Pot, but if so there are recipes out there for those egg bites.  I haven't tried it yet but plan to.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Culvers. But we don’t eat out that often. If we are lucky maybe once a week.

Trusted Contributor

@ccassadaywrote:

Culvers.

We just had one open in my area a couple days ago.  What do you get there that is good.

Honored Contributor

Sonic: Unsweet Iced Tea with extra ice; breakfast sausage burrito with lots of salsa;  50 cent corndog on corndog day; Jr. burger.

McDonalds:  Egg McMuffin; regular hamburger (HAPPY meal!); 

Jersey Mike's: Number 2, Mike's way

Chick-Fil-A: Regular or grilled sandwich

Popeyes:  GUILTY pleasure is their spicy chicken! 

All time you can't get any more:  A&W Rootbeer in the frosted mug! 

Esteemed Contributor

@maestra

I've only been a few times to ChickFil-A (5 min. from my house) and I always order the crispy chicken. Their shakes are also very good. Their potatoes are always cold.

Honored Contributor

I don't eat any fast food.  I on rare occasion will get a salad with turkey breast on it from Panera.  

I used to occasionally eat Subway's chopped salads, but I think their turkey may have nitrates in it.  I don't eat nitrates.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@hckynutwrote:

@Oznell

Can't even remember the last time I ate any "fast food", but I did have a bowl of "regular oatmeal" this morning. I say this because in our new microwave it takes only a bit over 2 minutes, and that's fast.

Not many, if any, people eat the way I do. My wife will verify that along with "he's nuts", I hear that often. Fast food, even spending money to eat out, is a very rare thing to me. Sure, I am a frugal(some say cheap) person, always have been, but my choice to eat at home has little to do with money spent. Heck, my wife eats out 2-3-4, or more times a week.

hckynut(john)

LOL

It's not that I"m so frugal, lol, it's that I'm so picky.  I won't eat anything fried and dislike so many items that are "heavy".  I mainly eat protein and vegetables, and one can't find that too easily at fast food restaurants unless they are laden with fats, etc.

My husband is a bit like you.  He mainly eats out only when we go out together. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Every few months, my husband gets a craving for Captain D’s Fish, and I get a craving for KFC original chicken or chicken livers.   We both like beef taco salads from Taco Bell, Arby’s classic roast beef, and slaw dogs from DQ.   Anytime my husband has an early blood draw at the VA, we head to IHOP for breakfast.

Honored Contributor

@RedTopwrote:

Every few months, my husband gets a craving for Captain D’s Fish, and I get a craving for KFC original chicken or chicken livers.   We both like beef taco salads from Taco Bell, Arby’s classic roast beef, and slaw dogs from DQ.   Anytime my husband has an early blood draw at the VA, we head to IHOP for breakfast.

@RedTop EVERY blood draw clinic in our town is located directly across the street from a McDonalds!  EVERY one.  And in the morning ALL the cars go right actoss the street and throuh drive-through!  LOL!!!

We do sometimes grab an Arby's original sandwich, no sauce, and I adore chicken liver!  Especially when I make it and make GRAVY.  Heaven!!!!!