Trusted Contributor

Re: Current Favorite "Fast Food"

Wegman's isn't a fast-food restaurant, but the food is fast when you get already prepared items there!

My husband's not a big sub fan, so when he's out of town on business, I always head to Wegman's for one of their wonderful sub sandwiches.  They are exceptional...filled to the brim and delicious sub rolls...I usually get the ciabatta.  The prices are good also.

I also like Wendy's cheeseburgers...and their french fries are gems.  But I honestly try to stay away from there but will indulge maybe 3 or 4 times a year maybe.

Now if there was a Chick Filet near us...I'd really be in trouble!!!!  

Honored Contributor

I frequent the deli counter........

My ma liked Whoppers......and Sonic "dogs".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich. 

Onion bagel from Bruggers w/chive&onion cream cheese. 

We just had a Vietnamese restaurant open nearby and I have been wanting to try the Pho.....will have to do it alone as my BF won't go there. 

Honored Contributor

I am also a big Pho Fan (say that 10 times fast!!)

I pretty much lived on it a few years ago when I had a bad case of bronchitis.  I don't know whether it help heal me or if it just made me feel better, but I LOVE that stuff!  Now I don't need to be sick to stop for some and lucky for me there is a wonderful Vietnamese restaurant less than a mile from my house.  And they do a veggie pho so that makes me happy!

I stopped at a new Thai place last nite (also less than a mile from my house and in the same shopping area as my dance studio - YAY - and while I thought it might be "fast" food, it wasn't, but boy it was good.  I had to order and go back to pick it up because they were crazy busy, but the tofu red curry was outstanding.   Hopefully they (it's a family business and they do all the cooking) can get more help soon so that things run more smoothly and it's a little "fast"er in the future. 

I had a "fast" lunch yesterday of hummus on REAL sourdough from a local bakery which was really delicious.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MOCHA MOOLATTE from Dairy Queen.......

Mocha MooLatté® Premium Blended Coffee

Their STEAK FINGER COUNTRY BASKET is pretty good too.......

Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken sandwich 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Would love to try anything other then McDonalds/Wendy/Burger King/Subway.  We don't eat out usually for fast food.  The one I really want to try is Johnny Rocket.  There is one, but it's downtown and I never go there.  Are there other band new chains?

Found the one I was looking for!  Shake Shack.  It's a brand new chain.  Anyone eat there?

I looked around and there is one in my mall.  I have been hearing terrific reviews for this hamburger chain.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell

I love horseradish, too! Heart

As for "fast food," it used to be a real treat but not so much anymore.  We rarely go out because food just tastes better at home.

But if I had to choose -- and I realize it's not really "fast food" -- I'd have to go with take-out pizza from a local joint: Village Pizza (Corrales/Albuquerque).

So if anyone's planning a trip for Balloon Fiesta, keep it in mind. Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

This is Shake Shack.  The new kind of McDonalds.  

Photo of Shake Shack - Columbia, MD, United States. Chicken shack and fries

Super Contributor

@songbirdwrote:

Found the one I was looking for!  Shake Shack.  It's a brand new chain.  Anyone eat there?

@songbird   Yes, I have had burgers and fries at Shake Shack -- very good!  The best Shake Shack burger was a special promotion with NBC's Today Show's Al Roker.  He created a special burger called the Roker burger --  Angus beef burger topped with Niman Ranch BBQ pulled pork, double American cheese, red-eye mayo and pickles.  Since it was part of a charity promotion, it was only available for a short time -- too bad!

Esteemed Contributor

Wendy's has three items on the menu that are made from fresh hamburger instead of frozen. They are delicious!!!! No comparison to the frozen ones.