Honored Contributor

Re: Curious - average age of the QVC customer

@wifey2qt wrote:

What is the average age of the Q customer base? My guess is 70-75 based on the majority of items presented, it seems that most items are geared towards a more "mature" crowd.......

I'm between 55-60 and am starting to feel too young to shop here .... which is really kind of funny LOL ( at least to me ) 

@wifey2qt  - I'm also fifty-something and have been shopping here for years.  I have enjoyed my purchases through the years and will continue to be a loyal Q shopper.

Valued Contributor

Funny thread.  I shopped QVC from the beginning.  I'm 81 and now the clothes are boring and too old looking to me.  

Super Contributor

I'm 61, but haven't bought anything from QVC or any other shopping channel in over 25 years. 

Respected Contributor

I had thought that the Q's customer base was older, 50+ years.  It is what their programming seems to be geared towards, fashion especially. My children (late 20's and early 30's) do not shop here. The only reason they know of qvc is because of me. So their attempt at bringing in younger shoppers is not working. My shopping here is practically nil. Just 3 items this year. VPH light hurricane, hair spray and a poor quality Temptations utensil holder that I wanted to return. Didn't order any fashion. Too old/frumpy looking for me.

I'm mid 60's, retired, upper income.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I started shopping when I was age 31 in 1986...still here now 67...first purchase was an 8 track tape rewinder so you know it was a while ago!😄

VHS  or BETA ?      ;-)

Trusted Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@wifey2qt wrote:

What is the average age of the Q customer base? My guess is 70-75 based on the majority of items presented, it seems that most items are geared towards a more "mature" crowd.......

I'm between 55-60 and am starting to feel too young to shop here .... which is really kind of funny LOL ( at least to me ) 

Since no one here works for Qurate in the marketing analytics dept., there will not be a real answer, only speculation from armchair QVC executives. 

READ post #8. VERY INFORMATIVE.

Respected Contributor

i buy jewelry sometimes.   my early 40's son has purchased at times but it's because his Dad has always purchased from Shopping Channels. when my son was a kid, his Dad was home watching TV after back surgery and started buying from HSN and CVN. i think it was the first year of CVN when my-ex gave me jewelry from CVN.  18k YG herringbone 18" chaon with some sort of embossing to keep the herringbone links flat.

i think my '30s DIL buys makeup from Q because i saw Q mail when i was visiting.  

Honored Contributor

I think the average age of the board posters is higher than the average age of the shoppers, so you're not going to get an accurate estimation of age based on the ages provided here.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Happy Birthday!

Honored Contributor

I did an informal survey a few years back and the median age of posters was 57.