Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,108
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Curious - average age of the QVC customer


@wifey2qt wrote:

@Sooner  - actually no one sniped at you ....... you clearly are projecting your feelings about your own age. Perhaps some self awareness on your part is something you should look into. Everything marketed to women is about turning back the clock, not advancing it so I have no problem saying its not fun to get older. Your statement about my wanting older people to be neither seen or heard is obnoxious and ridiculous and I sense you love to stir the pot 


@wifey2qt I have a long history of saying I'm fine with my age--you can look up past posts.  I am not fine with people belitting grandmothers or older women for their looks and style.  You did and I responded.  You have belittled me in each post because I stood up for old women, which I'm not ashamed of.

 

It seems you have a real problem with women who are old and look old.  I can't help you, but I hope when you get old you won't turn on yourself. 

 

Last comment here, and I'm sure you'll get some more shot in.  OK. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,164
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Curious - average age of the QVC customer


@wifey2qt wrote:

@Lucky Charm  - I'll make a list as I go and share back with you, does that work for you?


I figured if you started a thread stating that your guess is

 

'70-75 based on the majority of items presented, it seems most items are geared towards a more "mature" crowd'.

 

I thought you'd have one or two items right off the top of your head.  Guess not.

 

Please, don't go out of your way for me.

 

I think the word "mature" is the decisive word here....

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 141
Registered: ‎08-20-2022

Re: Curious - average age of the QVC customer

@lovedishes

Anyone can read and post anywhere on the internet at anytime! I’m thinking that at least 90+% of people who post on these QVC forums HAVE purchased SOMETHING from QVC! And just because the topic is or isn’t directly ABOUT QVC doesn’t mean that you or anyone else should be putting others down for posting ON THE SAME FORUM YOU JUST DID!! Does that also mean you must have time on your hands and must be bored?? I myself post on some of these forums simply because it seems most people are not as negative, mean, hateful, as other sites. And that most people have legit or fun questions, ideas, etc. to talk about and help each other with.
I just think that anyone making a negative/mean comment to others WHILE participating in the SAME activity is a mindblower! But NOTHING is gained from making others feel uncomfortable, unimportant, meaningless, and like they have no life because they posted here! Like…W_hereT_heF_lowers? Hope you have a HAPPY New Year and if you like to STIR THE POT….THEN COOK SOUP!!
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,291
Registered: ‎06-15-2015

Re: Curious - average age of the QVC customer

(thread title)

 

@wifey2qt 

 

Over 18.

 

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,677
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Curious - average age of the QVC customer


@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

There is no need to "speculate" as to the demographics of the average QXH customer.

 

As a poster noted earlier in this thread, very detailed information is disclosed and published by Qurate on a regular basis via investor reports and SEC filings.

 

For example, the average age of a QXH customer is reported as "early 60s", with an average annual income of $97,000 and average discretionary spending of $8,500 annually.

 

28% of QXH customers are reported to be in the 65-74 age range, while 13% of the U.S. population falls in that range.

 

15% of QXH customers are in the 75+ range (8% for the U.S. population overall.)


@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes 

Just curious - do those reports specify if the statistics refer to all customers or just to Qcard holders? 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,291
Registered: ‎06-15-2015

Re: Curious - average age of the QVC customer


@kaydee50 wrote:

And I wonder what the average income is of those on these forums.

 

 

@kaydee50 

 

Wonder no longer about me. That would be my pension in 1994 $ value, which at  todays net value, is about 25% of what it was at retirement. Add monthly SS, don't forget the BIG raise in 2023, but not in this math equation. This is 2022 income.

 

Added together? That comes out to what is considered, 50% of the United States 2022 Lower Income Class.

 

Next question?

 

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

 

 


 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,847
Registered: ‎03-15-2010

Re: Curious - average age of the QVC customer


@Catch71 wrote:

@scatcat 

 

I disagree about the quality of clothing and comparing it to Kohls. I purchase Susan Graver, Belle, and some Denim and Company and find the quality much better than Kohls.  I have actually stopped buying clothing from Kohls as nothing fits as well or launders as well.  Just my opinion but I  would rather spend a few more dollars on qvc than buy with 30% off at Kohls and not actually wear what I got at what seemed like a good deal.


@Catch71 

I was referring to their styles not their quality. I don't buy clothes from either so I can't speak to their quality. Glad you are happy with your Q purchases. Happy New Year 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 586
Registered: ‎01-20-2022

Re: Curious - average age of the QVC customer

70+ year-olds are not wearing AnyBofy and Cuddl Duds- THis seems to be what they are selling 90% of the time! I don't think they're using Philosophy shower gels either!

 

I think the "average" customer is equivalent to someone who shops at Kohls's and Walmart.- This is why D&Co is popular (absolute junky, unstylish clothing)

 

QVC has lost its way- I don't think they know who their customer is TBH. 

 

It has become such a greedy corporation, too. I didn't spend a penny on shipping this holiday because the online stores (higher-end) I order from don't charge S&H. They also offer amazing sales and after-holiday deals, unlike QVC. 

 

I do order Philosophy items from QVC but have ordered several items from Josie Maran's online store instead. They give samples!

 

 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,677
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Curious - average age of the QVC customer


@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

70+ year-olds are not wearing AnyBofy and Cuddl Duds- THis seems to be what they are selling 90% of the time! I don't think they're using Philosophy shower gels either!

 

I think the "average" customer is equivalent to someone who shops at Kohls's and Walmart.- This is why D&Co is popular (absolute junky, unstylish clothing)

 

QVC has lost its way- I don't think they know who their customer is TBH. 

 

It has become such a greedy corporation, too. I didn't spend a penny on shipping this holiday because the online stores (higher-end) I order from don't charge S&H. They also offer amazing sales and after-holiday deals, unlike QVC. 

 

I do order Philosophy items from QVC but have ordered several items from Josie Maran's online store instead. They give samples!

 

 


@PhillyGirl23 

As a 70+ person, you definitely got my attention with this comment.  Why wouldn't a 70+ year old be wearing Anybody or Cuddle Duds, and using Philosophy shower gels?  I must be missing something here. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,950
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Curious - average age of the QVC customer


@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

70+ year-olds are not wearing AnyBofy and Cuddl Duds- THis seems to be what they are selling 90% of the time! I don't think they're using Philosophy shower gels either!

 

I think the "average" customer is equivalent to someone who shops at Kohls's and Walmart.- This is why D&Co is popular (absolute junky, unstylish clothing)

 

QVC has lost its way- I don't think they know who their customer is TBH. 

 

It has become such a greedy corporation, too. I didn't spend a penny on shipping this holiday because the online stores (higher-end) I order from don't charge S&H. They also offer amazing sales and after-holiday deals, unlike QVC. 

 

I do order Philosophy items from QVC but have ordered several items from Josie Maran's online store instead. They give samples!

 

 


Okay, just an fyi, I am 71 years old, love Cuddle Duds for lounging, I do not shop at Walmart, and do not buy clothing at Kohls (poorly made).  I also have some Denim and Company that is not unstylish or "old lady".  You make a lot of assumptions.