Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Curbside Pick-up Caution

@tarsmom 

Not hard to see why your branch well liked. You treated clients as you would want to be treated.  We used to enjoy going to bank but as years passed there was no consistency or connection.  Drive up replaced the in person visit. 

Our latest banking experience was in trying to set up CD for DMIL.  DH has power of attorney for legal matters and the document to show, but their attorney  want whole copies of trusts, etc for their records, etc.  They drive one crazy.  Oh, did I mention they had those documents a year ago when one CD was set up.?  Different branch.  

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

@Cakers3 

I guess I am a trusting individual, hoping to be treated as I would treat.  Hopefully I have learned from this.

@Twins Mom 

It wouldn't have killed them to say "thank you" for the inconvenience you went through due to THEIR mistake!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Twins Mom 

Your honesty exemplifies your integrity. You are building good karma--those Hallmark employees, not so much.

Valued Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

@tarsmom 

Not hard to see why your branch well liked. You treated clients as you would want to be treated.  We used to enjoy going to bank but as years passed there was no consistency or connection.  Drive up replaced the in person visit. 

Our latest banking experience was in trying to set up CD for DMIL.  DH has power of attorney for legal matters and the document to show, but their attorney  want whole copies of trusts, etc for their records, etc.  They drive one crazy.  Oh, did I mention they had those documents a year ago when one CD was set up.?  Different branch.  

@Twins Mom 

You are very sweet!  I was proud of our commitment to our members.  I learned early as my father was something else.  If he didn't like something - a restaurant - a banking experience, etc. he just didn't go back.  No telling anyone about it - he just said it to me and my mom.  I used to have meetings with the staff and tell them that story.  "Just because someone doesn't say something, doesn't mean they're not upset."  I always thanked the members who did bother to complain "I can't fix it if I don't know about it."  

Regarding the CD situation, that is frustrating. Documents are supposed to be sent interoffice to be scanned.  When I need something now that I'm retired, I go to a certain branch where my former ass't is the manager.  It's hard to find really good people today because no one wants to stay in a position for long.  

Finally, if one of our members were inconvenienced, we would send them a written thank you card and tell them we appreciated their membership and sometimes a small gift card.