Honored Contributor

Re: Cupro. Take some lousy recycled cellulose from cotton and recycle it. Then charge more for it.

@sunshine45 wrote:

LOL i have never seen such HATE towards a fabric and its price by one person!

by the way, you can find much better photos of cupro clothing than some of the ones featured in this thread.

for those of you who are interested and/or love the material......ENJOY! Smiley Happy

@sunshine45 @I don't really have hate toward the fabric. This is supposed to be a post taken with a bit of humor. I wouldn't buy a shirt made from the fabric at the high price in the OP, but I might wear a top made from it if I paid $20 for it and only expected it to last for one wearing. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cupro. Take some lousy recycled cellulose from cotton and recycle it. Then charge more for it.

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac wrote:

@Mindy D   Thank you for posting the pictures of the clothing.  As I said in my previous post I could not give an opinion on the fabric because I hadn't seen it.  Well based on the pictures you posted I will not be seeing it ever. As far as denim shirts, I want cotton not soft or flowing.  I bought a model top last year and didn't care for that fabric either. I'm not considering price just the look of the fabric. 

Now I have had some beautiful good silk dresses and tops over the years and loved them but it doesn't look like it could hold a candle to real silk.

@mspatmac @I bought one 100% modal tee from QVC many yrpears ago. It took color so well. It was an orange shade. That's where the good quality of modal ended for me. It was full of wrinkles that wipould never come out and was completely unwearable. When used in the right fabric blend, modal can be OK, but by itself, it's another low end fabric sold at high end prices. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Mindy D- it appears you started a new thread based on the "Price Gouging"thread in Fashion regarding Side Stitch.

All vendors set their prices.  Sometimes, it is based on the fabric they are using.  Susan Graver has about three versions of polyester.  A sell point for almost always the fabrics and how they are made for almost all of the clothing vendors.

I would say anyone buying a Side Stitch shirt liked it just like a shirt from Kim Graval, Women in Control etc.

@qbetzforreal @Sorry, but your assumption is wrong. I don't recall ever reading the thread you mention. I was inspired to write when I took a look at the shirt and it's price online. I just had to laugh at the creative marketing strategies. 

@Mindy D  Okay. Sure.