Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cuba Gooding, Jr. surrendered to police

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

The video is not about the breast grabbing incident.  That is a different accusation.

The video, grainy as it is, shows him appearing to be touching her leg.

We don't know the conversation in that scene; we don't know how why she went and sat with him; we don't know, as has been suggested, that she stalked him and we don't know if he was selected to try and get $$.

I see nothing wrong with turning himself in to the police.  This will all come out in the wash and I'm not about to accuse him of being a creep without all the facts.

I saw the video (on tmz dot com) and he did touch her leg, but she did not rebuff him when he did that.

I couldn't tell when he touched her breast.

@Anonymous032819   Ok thanks.  I thought the breast grabbing incident was with a different woman.

Was it?

Now I'm confused. (No surprise there! *lol*)

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

The video is not about the breast grabbing incident.  That is a different accusation.

The video, grainy as it is, shows him appearing to be touching her leg.

We don't know the conversation in that scene; we don't know how why she went and sat with him; we don't know, as has been suggested, that she stalked him and we don't know if he was selected to try and get $$.

I see nothing wrong with turning himself in to the police.  This will all come out in the wash and I'm not about to accuse him of being a creep without all the facts.

I saw the video (on tmz dot com) and he did touch her leg, but she did not rebuff him when he did that.

I couldn't tell when he touched her breast.

@Anonymous032819   Ok thanks.  I thought the breast grabbing incident was with a different woman.

Was it?

Now I'm confused. (No surprise there! *lol*)

@Anonymous032819   I went back and viewed the video.

There is a woman sitting next to him-leaning into him in a casual manner.  She is wearing white pants and he has his hand on her leg. It doesn't look as though he all of a sudden grabbed her leg.  It looks as though they are together from the way she leans into him.

Next to that woman is another woman.  They are conversing and he does seem to reach with one hand to  her chest area but it is not clear if he is grabbing at a breast or touching what looks like either jewelry or something that is part of her outfit.

She doesn't appear to flinch nor does she get up and leave.  Another man comes over and he is blocking the view to her but a conversation appears to happen between him and Cuba and the women.  Then the man shakes Cuba's hand.

So there are two women but only the one once removed from where he is sitting is the one who seems to be pressing charges.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I saw the video again, and it appears to me right around the 20 second mark, that Cuba took the woman's hand and kissed it?

https://www.tmz.com/2019/06/13/cuba-gooding-jr-surveillance-video-groping-bar-arrested/

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I saw the video again, and it appears to me right around the 20 second mark, that Cuba took the woman's hand and kissed it?

https://www.tmz.com/2019/06/13/cuba-gooding-jr-surveillance-video-groping-bar-arrested/

@Anonymous032819   Ok so first we need to be clear-the woman in the white pants is, indeed, his girlfriend.

The other woman-yes, we see him place a hand on her thigh.  But his hand lingers there and she doesn't push it away. 

I'm not clear on what happens with his hand once removed from her thigh.  When the other man comes over he leans into that woman and Cuba moves that man's hand away from her.

So the hand on the thigh lingers without reaction from the woman.  The hand then moves up but I cannot make out if he does touch a breast or if he touches the dress or something on it or touches nothing at all. 

I don't see an assault here.

Valued Contributor

I watched the video, and to me, it really looked like he manipulated the breast of the second woman who showed up. He seemed to pinch her n*pple, and you can see her breast move in an upward direction. To me, it looked like 3 consensual adults who had some cocktails and were enjoying each other’s company. It’s not the type of behavior that’s appropriate in public, but I saw worse in bars when I was younger.

Honored Contributor

More people join Cuba and the two women; they all get up together and walk out together.  She left with them while still drinking (looks like out of a bottle).

I'm not saying the drinking is the issue, either. 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

The day before he turned himself in, the news on tv...don’t know which channel but it was cable at my daughters house, said he would plead guilty and trusts the system...whatever that means. I guess when a second woman came forward he decided to fight it since more will likely follow. Only time will tell how this plays out. From the videos I saw, they don’t really show anything definitive.
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
The day before he turned himself in, the news on tv...don’t know which channel but it was cable at my daughters house, said he would plead guilty and trusts the system...whatever that means. I guess when a second woman came forward he decided to fight it since more will likely follow. Only time will tell how this plays out. From the videos I saw, they don’t really show anything definitive.

@lovesrecess,  I can't find anything online...  videos or quotes...  showing that he said he would plead guilty and trust the system.    What I've found shows that he said that he was "absolutely not guilty" and would turn himself in and "I trust the system and will let the process speak for itself."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

As usual, when the reports come out right away, they turn out to be inaccurate. I will look and if I can find any of the info, I will post it on here.