Honored Contributor

Re: Crummy esperience ordering pizza last night

I don't understand the "sterile plate" thing either.  If the pizza is in a box, it's protected.  Why the sterile plate? 

But I can appreciate being unhappy because the pizza was late and cold.  I suppose I wouldn't order from them again, unless their pizza is delicious.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I don't understand the "sterile plate" thing either.  If the pizza is in a box, it's protected.  Why the sterile plate? 

But I can appreciate being unhappy because the pizza was late and cold.  I suppose I wouldn't order from them again, unless their pizza is delicious.

If I'm understanding it right.....the platter they are using isn't from getting the pizza contaminated with COVID 19. 

It's just used for people who don't have anything on their porches where the delivery person can put it (delivery person is social distancing so he can't knock on your door and hand you the pizza).

I could be wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm   I can't find wipes either.I make my own very easy & inexpensive.

Just mix 2 parts warm water to one part alcohol (at least 60%) & about a 1/2 teaspoon of liquid dish soap.Put a bunch of separated good quality paper towels in a plastic container or a zip lock bag.Pour the mixture into the container or bag & seal. Turn upside down & shake to distribute liquid so all paper towels absorb the liquid.You can add a few drops of essential oil if you'd like.If you find there is too much liquid just add more paper towels accordingly.

My DH loves them.He says he doesn't ever want to go back to the Clorox ones.

Respected Contributor

So the delivery person is supposed to place the pizza box on a sanitary plate on the porch, knock on the door, have you pick up the pizza box, then he takes the sanitary plate back? (and use it for the next delivery)

Respected Contributor

I’ve never heard of this sanitary platter thing. I just put a towel out on the side table on my porch when I’m expecting a delivery.
Respected Contributor

so are you going to keep that table clean now?  why couldn't you put a big clean platter for the box to go on with a sticky note put pizza here

Respected Contributor

@RollTide2008    That certainly makes sense to me to put a towel down, or a piece of foil and a sign that says place pizza here. Or how about clean your dirty germy table every afternoon before your order the food. These poor delivery folks are probably confused as to where to leave the food, where to stand while waiting for the customer to answer the door because everybody is wanting different things. Some people are never satisfied. Just be thankful that there are still restaurants that will deliver food instead of being so demanding. 

Honored Contributor

Oh for heaven's sake. The pizza was in a box, you're eating the pizza, not the box... Pick up the box, bring it in, wash your hands put your pizza on a plate and eat your pizza... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Good grief...you wanted a pizza and someone was willing to bring it to you.

If you are unhappy with the way it was delivered, don't order again or put a large note on the door explaining what you would like the delivery person to do.

Problem solvled.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Super Contributor

Sounds like instructions were not provided by OP, when order placed online, as to where to leave pizza.  We have ordered pizza from a couple of different places and provide instruction as to where to leave the delivery.  Easy easy.  This "sanitary" thing (omg) must be because no instructions provided.  And is used because of such.  It's merely a surface, not a "sanitary" object.  As far as the pizza not being hot, hot, hot...could care less if we get a lukewarm pizza.  People are doing their best under horrible circumstances.  Everyone deserves applause for being out there, supplying us with, bringing our food.  My call would be to extend thanks, not complain about something so insignificant at this time,