Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I do the daily NYT puzzle, Jumbo, and cryptograms.

So that's where all that trivia knowledge comes from.

Honored Contributor

Re: Crossword puzzle

[ Edited ]

I am addicted to crosswords.i subscribe to the new york times puzzles.  Love the mini and regular crossword daily.  But they have this  word puzzle called spelling Bee.  Oh my it is great.  They give seven letters , you have make as many words as you can..., each day is different. Range from 30 to 200 words.  Each word  has to include center letter.  It is fun on the ipad.  Otherwise i find crosswords games everywhere

Honored Contributor

I LOVE them! They've always been one of my favorite things. The Sporcle website one wonderful poster here recommended to me years ago posts one every Sunday. I always reward myself for the week by doing it!   Smiley Happy

Contributor

I am also a crossword addict as was my mother before me. Here is a site you might enjoy: bestcrosswords.com They publish new ones daily at midnight eastern time.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.  I've always loved word games.  I play Scrabble online everyday just to keep my brain sharp (or so I tell myself!).   I keep crossword books in a rack next to my 'TV chair' so I can work puzzles while I watch TV.  I buy those variety puzzle books ($cheap$) to work while I sit on the porch in my rocking chair during warm weather.   I can't just "sit" - I have to be doing something!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks all, I've written down this info on places to check on, on line.  Other computers ago, there were more games, current one, not much, so good to know. Thanks!!!

Honored Contributor

I like word searches  Woman Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Lots of options online for games and puzzles.  Real lifesavers.  Most can still be played with no WiFi, a consideration too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Crossword puzzle

[ Edited ]

I love word games and Scrabble....play them on Pogo.com

If Cats Could Play Scrabble... « SCRABBLE :: WonderHowTo

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Lol   Yes, thatshow i feel too,