Contributor
Does anyone Cross Stitch anymore? Where are the best places to purchase patterns? Thanks!
Honored Contributor

I love cross-stitching and have found some really beautiful patterns on Etsy. They also have a lot of humorous ones which I love for small projects. You can even get full kits as well. Definitely different than your usual run of the mill you find at hobby stores. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cross Stitch

[ Edited ]

@Orchestrateacher I'm 72 and have been stitching since my 20's.

There are lots of online great needlework shops. I suggest you go to www .123stitch . com to start. You will find tons of charts, fabric, fibers, accessories, etc.

I would also suggest you join the message board. It's a wealth of help and info and the ladies there can direct you to lots of mostly great online shops.

Another place I like is Stitches "NThings. The website is the same name.

There is a wealth of resources on line, happy stitching!

Regular Contributor

I have been doing cross stitch for years. I find it so relaxing.

We used to have wonderful needlework shops locally, but they all sadly closed.

You can find nice kits and many accessories at thestitchery.

if you like elaborate patterns, try Lavendar and Lace.

Joann has some kits too, if you want to see them up close and personal.

Happy stitching!

Dragonfly

Trusted Contributor

Herrschner's is another place to order embroidery kits and supplies.  I have ordered from them many times with good results.  They have been in business for many years.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

I spend from two to four hours per day doing counted cross stitch. Just google cross stitch for several online stores. I've also gotten some discontinued patterns from Etsy.

I prefer to just buy the leaflets rather than the kits. Besides having a ton of thread already I just prefer to start from scratch.

Valued Contributor

I haven't done this since I was a little kid with my mom. Forgot all about it. Looks like I'm heading over to Esty and see what they have.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

I spend from two to four hours per day doing counted cross stitch. Just google cross stitch for several online stores. I've also gotten some discontinued patterns from Etsy.

I prefer to just buy the leaflets rather than the kits. Besides having a ton of thread already I just prefer to start from scratch.

I haven't thought about counted cross stitch for years.  I replicated the "Mona Lisa" in counted cross stitch about 20 years ago.  It took me about 3 1/2 years to complete the project to my satisfaction.

Contributor
Wow!
Contributor
Thanks for the suggestions! We use to have a shop here in town that I loved going to but sadly it was closed many years ago.