Super Contributor

Re: Credit card Question - Close account or not?

Thanks homegirl with regards to the spoiler thing.  I will try to remember that in case it happens again.    I just see the yellow thing and thing its an emoji  and it tricks me LOL!!

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone!  I think I got all the info that I need.

I appreciate the help Smiley Happy   Have a great weekend!

Respected Contributor

@WeiRDgeRL wrote:

Thanks everyone!  I think I got all the info that I need.

I appreciate the help Smiley Happy   Have a great weekend!

@WeiRDgeRL,   One last thing.   Every female needs to have her own credit card.   Only her name on the card.   Not a good idea to ride along on husbands card.  Because each female needs to have her own credit rating.   What if she is left alone for different reasons she needs to have her own card and credit rating sitting in place to use.  

Super Contributor

onewhitesparrow -  Thanks, both my husband and I have our own separate cards,  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@WeiRDgeRL wrote:

onewhitesparrow -  Thanks, both my husband and I have our own separate cards,  Smiley Happy

@WeiRDgeRL,  smart action.   

Contributor

Absolutely agree!  

We had combined accounts, and when my husband died, I had to establish my own credit .... you start at scratch!

Also, I've closed quite a few CC in order to get better deals!  Hasn't done anything to my FICO .... it's still over 800.  

I do pay off my CC every month. 

Honored Contributor

@petunia wrote:

Absolutely agree!  

We had combined accounts, and when my husband died, I had to establish my own credit .... you start at scratch!

Also, I've closed quite a few CC in order to get better deals!  Hasn't done anything to my FICO .... it's still over 800.  

I do pay off my CC every month. 

when my father died my mom did not have to "start from scratch." any accounts that were in both of their names she filled out some paperwork and sent death certificates to the companies and had his name removed OR in some cases like the gas and electric, telephone, cable she had his name replaced with her name.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I had an airline miles credit card that had an annual fee & I got tired of paying the $40 fee, so I called my bank & told them I wanted to go to a card with no fee.  The rep I spoke with suggested several different cards that they offered that I could chose from & I chose a no fee cash back rewards type card.  I pay my balance every month, so there was no balance transfer involved, but they closed the mileage card & opened the new one with the same credit limit, since it was the same bank who I've banked with for many years & have a very long credit history with.