Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Creating Your - "If I Go Missing" Notebook!

[ Edited ]

On TikTok, this has been introduced, (as presented on a "Crime" pgm)

Ppl create a Personal   "IF I GO MISSING"  Notebook" of themselves,   & place all their personal info in it, for a quick reference, esp in the event something happens, & need  "ID info" ASAP.

It's filled with items, such as "clipped lock of hair,"   Personal, Current Pic"    "Dental Info,"  "Own "Fingerprints,"  "Copy of Drivers License," "DNA Sample"  "Blood Type,"  List/Pic ID marks on the body,"  "Meds currently on"   Clothes/shoe size,   Routine Jewelry,  Tattoo locations/Pics,  List of Relatives, or Close Contacts,  Who to contact "In the Event"     just  *anything ID'ing*

Any info that can be grabbed quickly,& can speed up any personal ID info,  in the event of some unfortunate, unforeseen circumstance.. 

We know that the 1st 24 hrs is often the most critical hrs to locate a person in trouble."  (or for whatever other reason such a notebook wld be handy to instantly have available)

Honored Contributor

Re: Creating Your - "If I Go Missing" Notebook!

Who would be the trustee of this VERY VALUABLE personal information ???

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Seems prudent.  Every day, I hear about someone who's gone missing.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MakeUpMaidn  While this "sounds" like an interesting idea.  The sheer fact that your whole identity is in a bundle is actually not very bright.  And although there are those that say just put it in a safe, or safe deposit box etc. I still would not feel comfortable knowing that's out there.  And when I die what happens?  Someone throws it away?  Can you trust someone who finds it to actually destroy it? I have a dentist.  There are dental records.  My doctor has records.  I have a license that can easily be found by the PD.  Trust me unless no one knows you and you have very little "carbon footprint"  they can get hair samples from your hair brush, DNA from your toothbrush, your fingerprints are all over what you own and your house, phone records, your phone itself.   Your records are out there.  There are literally cameras everywhere now.  I'll pass.  Not everything on Tik Tok is worthly of copying.  And I'm betting the country that originates Tik Tok would love to have everyone put all their information in a nice bundle for them.  

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

~~~~~~~~`

@Desertdi 

Hi!

Maybe where it says:  

" List of Relatives, or Close Contacts, Who to contact "In the Event of"

If it's your Mom or Dad?  Them. 

If it's your hubby, Him 

If it's your older sister?  Her 

If it's your Son or Daughter, Either or both

Ahead of time tho, I'd let them know, & ask perission, if you want them  "designated," so they know to be ready "in the event of"  And keep in touch

Just a suggestion...

Respected Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn  While this "sounds" like an interesting idea.  The sheer fact that your whole identity is in a bundle is actually not very bright.  And although there are those that say just put it in a safe, or safe deposit box etc. I still would not feel comfortable knowing that's out there.  And when I die what happens?  Someone throws it away?  Can you trust someone who finds it to actually destroy it? I have a dentist.  There are dental records.  My doctor has records.  I have a license that can easily be found by the PD.  Trust me unless no one knows you and you have very little "carbon footprint"  they can get hair samples from your hair brush, DNA from your toothbrush, your fingerprints are all over what you own and your house, phone records, your phone itself.   Your records are out there.  There are literally cameras everywhere now.  I'll pass.  Not everything on Tik Tok is worthly of copying.  And I'm betting the country that originates Tik Tok would love to have everyone put all their information in a nice bundle for them.  

~~~~~~~~~~

@eadu4 

hmm.   Perhaps I shouldnt have stated the source is TikTok, since that may prejudice the suggestion, in some ppl's opinion.

It's only a suggestion.  Some might like it, some might not.  At least it's merely a suggestion that some may, or may not have thought of.

Some might want to have such a Notebook on their parent who is in Assisted Living, or Nursing home.  Sometimes those Residents just "walk out" of the Facility.  Some parents lose track of their toddlers in a Walm.

Is merely a suggestion, for those 1 or more  ppl who might find it of help.  Not mandatory.Woman Happy 

Trusted Contributor

I would hope any investigator into a disappearance collects his or her own samples. It would be foolish to rely on samples provided by someone who is probably a potential suspect, at least initially.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

~~~~~~~~`

@Desertdi 

Hi!

Maybe where it says:  

If it's your hubby, Him 

Ahead of time tho, I'd let them know, & ask perission, if you want them  "designated," so they know to be ready "in the event of"  And keep in touch

Just a suggestion...

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

~~~~~~~~`

@Desertdi 

Hi!

Maybe where it says:  

If it's your hubby, Him 

Just a suggestion...

@MakeUpMaidn    I don't have any of the above.   I do have a relative who knows the name of my lawyer in case of the "ultimate" emergency, but  I don't think he needs my shoe size.  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I'm more concerned about the 38 mass shootings in just 23 days this month! One was in my city.

Trusted Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn  I apologize, I didn't mean to offend, seriously.  I am sorry.   I just don't think it's a great idea.  But to those that want to do it.  Go for it.  As far as where you got the idea from, it really wouldn't have mattered for the main portion of my reply.  I just don't feel it's necessary.  As far as what I have heard from complaints about nursing homes, I would be more concerned about abuse, and theft.  However if someone goes missing from one, again there should be enough DNA, and you should have a recent picture on your phone and enough doctor/dental records. 

As for kids,  the schools my kids went to back in the day used to do an ID card each year.  It was kinda like a drivers license with their picture, height, weight, eye color and fingerprint.  I doubt they do them anymore but they were good to have for sure.  I would think you could do one yourself now.