Esteemed Contributor

My dad is on the end table right next to the couch.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Creamation.

I don't want a service.

Instead, have a party, share stories, laugh.

Scatter my ashes somewhere overlooking a beach.

Meeeee toooo. Not a religious person in life and have requested no service. Party, music and yes...share stories. Chosen music...led zepplin stairway to heaven (hope it’s there) Aerosmith tunes, Beatles, many of my favorites on my playlist. And yes, scatter me over a beach 🏝 

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 :  Costco did(does) sell caskets.

Esteemed Contributor

Here's where I would like for my ashes to be.

Gold Bluffs beach

gold bluff.jpg

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Creamation or Burial?

[ Edited ]

Donating my body to UNMC (Uni. of Nebr. Medical Center). After they are finished, my rmains will be cremated and my ashes will be placed with husband in our Church.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Cremation.  I already bought my place in a columbarium.  It'll save a lot of money for my kids.

Frequent Contributor

Cremation for my family too. My in laws put their request in writing back in the 60's and we have followed that practice ever since. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My dad died last month and his remains are at our family business building, in his office.  He wanted his ashes to be scattered with those of his beloved dog in a local river, but that is against the law now, so I have to hire a boat to go three miles out from land to lay them to rest, just to comply with regulations.  But that will be done this summer.  I vote for cremation for myself - I am going to pre-pay it so that my family doesn't have to deal with it. My dad didn't want any type of memorial, and no obituary in the paper.  Same goes for me.

Honored Contributor

Cremation of course. My parents were creamated and their ashes are sprinkled on my property where I live. They are always with me. My ashes will be sprinkled in my beautiful lake where I love to boat. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cremation for me too, sprinkle me somewhere beautiful in the mountains- Go ahead have a party or whatever my son wats..   My Dad just passed and he had purchased a mausoleum crypt. The day we put him in , and they shut the door, creeped me out horribly. I never go there. My Mom has one too- Never for me.  Many members of my family in cemeteries, grandparents, etc. I have never once gone there to visit. No one I know ever goes to the cemetery, that they have ever told me...  

My DH said for him, whatever is on sale! Lol!