Honored Contributor

Re: Cream Cheese Shortage, What’s Next

Watching GMA they said there is a shortage of soft drinks, tea, and water, partly due to low supply of cans and bottles. 

Regular Contributor

I find all these shortages interesting.
What I really miss is quality produce.
Here in MD and even back in Central Phoenix, AZ fresh good produce is hard to come by.
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

won't bother me none.

I can't find mascara remover !

@SharkE 

try buying miscellar water from amazon. i purchased three bottles the other day and they were delivered in a few days.

Yeah, I'm going out today if I can't find gonna have to hit Amazon LOL

Regular Contributor

Here in MD and even back in Central Phoenix, AZ fresh good produce is hard to come by.
Honored Contributor

@peggyhbsl wrote:

interesting @peggyhbsl ......

i am also in MD and i have had no issues finding fresh good produce in the markets that i shop in.......GIANT, THE FRESH MARKET, SAFEWAY, WEGMANS, and SAMS CLUB.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH has been buying Philadelphia cream cheese all along.  He just picked up a double pack the other day.  The local grocery chain also has its own brand well stocked.

I believe bakeries are having the hard time buying the bulk cream cheese they need for their bagels, etc.

People hear "shortage" and start stockpiling.

How much cream cheese can one eat??? 

I am concerned that this stockpiling leads to some food items ending up in the trash because of exp. dates or just not needing so much.

What a waste.  Nobody wins.

eta:  I also heard reported that the containers are in shortage, not so much the bulk cream cheese.

And yes, if you want a bagel with cream cheese it will affect the local bakeries.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I prefer butter on a bagel to cream cheese, guess I'll be okay!

For a while, it was hard to find Gatorade because of the lack of bottling to put them in. Lately I've been able to get it though no issues.

Fancy Feast, it seems only certain flavors are hard to find. My neighbor's senior cat will only eat the flaked fish & shrimp flavor and that is the one that's always out. So when she sees it, she stocks up. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee Thanks. I was about to check out your suggestion, but then checked Amazon. Yea, they have 10lb boxes of Milk Bones with fast delivery on Prime. We're all good here now. 

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

@just bee Thanks. I was about to check out your suggestion, but then checked Amazon. Yea, they have 10lb boxes of Milk Bones with fast delivery on Prime. We're all good here now. 

@BlueFinch 

Whew!

But now you have backup -- just in case!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

This was the situation at my Publix this afternoon. 

50C78658-AE98-43C0-88F7-4776DFB90733.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?