Respected Contributor

Re: Crazy unwanted phone calls

@ID2

My husband gets them all the time.  In fact from day one when he received his new cell phone.  We got our phones on the same day.  I never get scam or nuisance calls.  We only use our phones for emergencies.

So if the phone number assigned to your new cell phone is out there, you will get calls.  Thankfully I think there may be more ways to block or prevent these calls from ringing thru on a cell phone

Respected Contributor

@Deb665  I hope you have as much success as I've had with the nomorobo service. It's been a few years since I got it on my phone (signed up when I got Time Warner Cable phone service and now it's through Spectrum), and just make sure you complete the process. 

I think once I signed up on-line, they called the house within a few minutes and I needed to let it ring to confirm the service, or something similar (super easy), and since then every time the phone rings just once, I know that it's another annoying call that I've not had to deal with.

Sure, once and a while a call gets through, but it's nothing like it used to be and I encourage anyone dealing with those calls to give it a try.  And it's a free service!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

Yep and that is why I am goin gto get a Call Blocker, even though I know they aren't foolproof. I even get them on my Cell # and instantly Block the number, but they just call back on another #....It is crazy!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 How do you get this nomorobo service?

@panda1234

Go to nomorobo.com, to see if it's available to you, depending on your phone carrier.

Now, Nomorobo is also available for cell phone #'s too.

@KingstonsMom  Thank you, I am going to check this out.

Respected Contributor

Same here and it's ridiculous. I don't answer numbers not in my contact list but it's still an inconvenience. Most of them are from my area code, followed with the next three numbers the same as mine, then the last four are different. When I block one, I get more with one number changed. Grrrrr.....

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Yep and that is why I am goin gto get a Call Blocker, even though I know they aren't foolproof. I even get them on my Cell # and instantly Block the number, but they just call back on another #....It is crazy!!!!!!

@CANDLEQUEEN

I have the Digitone Call Blocker (available on their site or the 'A' site).

It was rated #1 in call clockers by Consumer Reports and they have a large capacity of numbers that are automatically blocked, plus you can block 1,000+ more.

The brand of call blocker sold here and HSN was made in the UK and if you read reviews, many had problems with how they connect to USA phones.

The Digitone is so simple to just plug in and it works great, in case you're interested.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN

I have the Digitone Call Blocker (available on their site or the 'A' site).

It was rated #1 in call clockers by Consumer Reports and they have a large capacity of numbers that are automatically blocked, plus you can block 1,000+ more.

The brand of call blocker sold here and HSN was made in the UK and if you read reviews, many had problems with how they connect to USA phones.

The Digitone is so simple to just plug in and it works great, in case you're interested.

@KingstonsMom. Thank-you so much for the information! I will definitely check it out..... 

Trusted Contributor

We have a landline because my husband hears better on that than the cell. Also when we talk to our kids we can get on at the same time.

Cox provided nomorobo for free for their customers. Once in a while something will slip thru but as others have said, I pick up and hang up at the same time.

Whate I Hate is when a legitimate company we may want to hear from calls with absolutely no caller ID. I discover it's them because I always google the number afterwards. That’s is so darn annoying.

Honored Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

We have a landline because my husband hears better on that than the cell. Also when we talk to our kids we can get on at the same time.

Cox provided nomorobo for free for their customers. Once in a while something will slip thru but as others have said, I pick up and hang up at the same time.

Whate I Hate is when a legitimate company we may want to hear from calls with absolutely no caller ID. I discover it's them because I always google the number afterwards. That’s is so darn annoying.

@Sadiesadie

That's when you let it go to your voicemail or an answering machine.

A legitimate company that may call that you want to receive, should leave a message, the scammers never will, they just hang up (since it's a computer dialing the numbers).

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I never answer these calls if it is improtant they can leave a message.