Honored Contributor

Crazy Florida Weather Tonight. Tornado Warning from the Keys northward to Jupiter

I do not remember ever having a tornado warning two days before Christmas. We have some wacky weather in these times. SE Florida is sitting under this warning until 5 A.M. I’m hoping we don’t lose power again.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Crazy Florida Weather Tonight. Tornado Warning from the Keys northward to Jupiter

That is crazy weather. Stay safe and Merry Christmas.

Honored Contributor

Re: Crazy Florida Weather Tonight. Tornado Warning from the Keys northward to Jupiter

National Weather Service has issued watch for all of Southeast and Southwest Florida. Wind gusts to 50-60 mph. Severe storms beginning around 1:30 A.M.
Honored Contributor

My daughter lives in Windermere.  I haven’t heard anything about this from her.😜

Frequent Contributor

Its been pretty wild here (Florida) all day long...we lost power tonight for over 3 hours. Two primary lines collided and caused an explosion at the transformer Smiley Surprised it was loud! 

Honored Contributor

I'm in the West Palm area -  no problems now.  Returned from droppimg a neighbor at the airport 15 minutes ago and there was sun and blue sky in the west -  now it looks as if it could pour again.  We haven't lost power overnight nor did we have the flooding like Ft. Lauderdale did -  luvky us!

Off to the dentist and then....

Honored Contributor

That was our forecast in central Alabama but didn't happen.

We did get almost 3" of rain.

This is the 2nd tornado "season"

The first, of course is in the spring.   Be safe.

Honored Contributor

We never got the strong winds here but we did have plenty of rain.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:
We never got the strong winds here but we did have plenty of rain.

That is a blessing when you consider some of the severe weather occurring across the country, with power outages, accidents, stranded travelers etc. I'm glad your situation was not worse.

Happy Holidays!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖