Honored Contributor

One further thing about NoMoRobo, it only works with VOIP phones and if you go to their website, you can see if it can be done to your particular phone number. You will receive an e mail either way. 

My phone company now blocks 100 numbers that do not ring through at all. I wish there was legislation to increase it to 1000, but I doubt it will happen.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Nomorobo does stop calls. You may hear one or at the most two rings. If one gets through, you can report it to the nomorobo site.

It's been a blessing for us.

I don't question that it stops calls. But there are some *types* of calls that nothing can stop until after the fact. If you don't get called by that type of call, it would stop most other calls. My point was even Robo can't stop *every* call.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

'Private' or 'Unknown' calls can be blocked by your phone company. You can call them and a tech person will walk you through on how to do it.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Re: Crank Phone Calls

[ Edited ]

@Perkup   @Call your phone company and see if they have anything that will help get rid of these calls.   I have a recording they put on my line that has all but eliminated them.   Consider one of the Panasonic phones (Amazon)  where you can block numbers.   I don't even answer the phone if I don't recognize the number.   You have to be proactive and help yourself

I got one of those spoof calls from an eBay seller whose identity had been stolen saying he was in trouble in England and needed money.   I'm sure he was terribly embarrassed.   They probably got got your grandsons' information from a source other than birthday cards.  There are a million better ways to hack information. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Perkup, here's hoping the calls will stop.  If they continue, I have a suggestion:  When you are listening to the caller, have a police whistle near the phone and blow it loudly.  I have done that in the past whenever I would get an obscene phone call.  It seemed to work, but I imagine there are a few deaf perverts walking around.  lol

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness just get rid of your landline phone! You will NEVER have any unwanted phone calls again! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I bought the Call Blocker by Digitone, best investment I ever made. It was rated highest in a Consumer Reports study.

What I've notice a lot of lately, is they clone the phone numbers. The call may be coming from overseas, but the caller ID will show my area code and exchange, making you think it's a local call, so I answered.

Heck, we even call ourselves occasionally, LOL! Our name and phone number will show up on an incoming call, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Oh my goodness just get rid of your landline phone! You will NEVER have any unwanted phone calls again! 

WRONG!  People with cell phones get plenty of spam calls, including robo-dialed calls. I get them all the time. I just don't answer and then block the #.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I wish you were right, but I also get these calls on my cell.  In fact, after I hung up on the "grandson" call on my land line, they called back right away on my cell. Can't do without them all.