Esteemed Contributor

Craig's List and Ebay and others

are selling FAKE Covid vaccination cards.  Some go for as high as $200.00 on ebay.  They look official and it is a real concern for authorities.  People who don't intend to get the vaccination, but want to travel are buying these fake cards. What is the point of giving out these cards as proof of vaccination (if needed) when people will create forged and fake ones so the proper authorities can't tell the difference?  Maybe they need to come up with something more foolproof like they did with Passports or find better technology to ensure people have the real deal!  

The FBI has launched a probe into the discovery of phony COVID-19 vaccination cards that are being sold by fraudsters online and through social media, threatening the progress America has. been making in combating the virus.

FBI investigators and other federal officials are looking into the fake COVID-19 cards that are supposed to be administered by healthcare providers before one receives a first dose of the vaccine, but have instead been making the rounds online.

Officials said that since there’s no way to authenticate vaccination cards, it's even easier for scammers to create their own, though experts are working on a digital verification or QR code that could be introduced across the country sooner than later.

According to the FBI, if one is busted with a fake COVID-19 card, it could be punishable by law for wrongfully using and producing instruments to created the forged documents.

Recently a coalition of 45 states Attorneys General issued a joint letter to the CEO of Twitter, Shopify, and eBay warning that their platforms have been used to market and sell blank or fraudulently completed COVID-19 vaccine cards, complete with the CDC logo.

We are deeply concerned about this use of your platforms to spread false and misleading information regarding COVID vaccines,” they wrote.

“The false and deceptive marketing and sales of fake COVID vaccine cards threatens the health of our communities, slows progress in getting our residents protected from the virus, and are a violation of the laws of many states.”  Continuing reading this story from it's source:

DailyVoice dot com (Connecticut newspaper)

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

Re: Craig's List and Ebay and others

not suprised at all.  dh and i talked about this months ago. i knew that they would be having them

Honored Contributor

$200 for a fake vaccination card..wow!  What a rip off.  

It's just  another way to take advantage of people during a bad time.it is just as bad as people who could sew and companies charging $15 or more for a cloth mask.

I do not plan on getting the vaccine and I wouldn't pay 50 cents for a fake vaccination record.

I just read that the federal government is not keeping a data base nor are they issuing passports.  Those vaccine records aren't really going to mean anything. 

I think it is a shame that even with millions of people being vaccinated, COVID is spreading at an alarming level., especially the new variants.  You wouldn't  catch me in a crowd of people even if they are vaccinated.

Honored Contributor

Always has been fake stuff being sold on eBay and Craig's list.  This is just another opportunity for someone to make money.

Respected Contributor

Just more losers trying to make a buck. Get a real job.

Esteemed Contributor

There is no level to which low lifes will not sink.

Esteemed Contributor

If someone is stupid enough to waste $200, go for it!

But I don't know why someone would want one.

If you are absolutely opposed to the vaccine, why the lie?  To what end?

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

If someone is stupid enough to waste $200, go for it!

But I don't know why someone would want one.

If you are absolutely opposed to the vaccine, why the lie?  To what end?

@Still Raining maybe because some folks think those who've been vaccinated will have more privileges, be given more preference, or get better deals for things like air travel and the like.  Those who don't want the vaccine don't want to be at a disadvantage when compared to those who have been vaccinated.  

Anyway, I'm not taking sides.  I couldn't wait to be fully vaccinated.  As soon as my state opened up the shots for my age group, I signed up.  

Honored Contributor

I have already decided that I will not be showing my vaccine card to anyone other than a medical professional - doctor, dentist, nurse.  

If I can't travel - I don't care we can do road trips.

We don't go to sporting events, concerts or conventions.

If a store wants to see it, I will find a different store or order on line.

We were told Sunday now that things are openimg up the assisted living facility my in-laws live in will be requiring visitors to either show their card or a negative test before they can visit.  This is not a skilled nursing facility, if they need skilled care they need to move out.  I am not doing it.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter   I have an older friend who is in a long term care facility.  They closed it off from visitors on March 13, 2020 and it just opened up for visitors on March 30, 2021.

You must sign up to visit as they only allow a certain number of visitors in the facility at a time.  Only two visitors at a time for each resident and 30 minutes long indoors in a designated area or 1 hour outside. You can only visit twice a week.

I went on Monday.  I had to stand in front of a machine that took my temp, then fill out a form and a questioner about my health such as do I have a cough, upset stomach, runny nose, etc.  I have not been vaccinated and they didn't ask. It wasn't a requirement.

We visited in the chapel for 30 minutes wearing masks...no touching or hugging.  I am going back to visit on Friday afternoon.