Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cracker Barrel's Facebook Page is Taking a Pounding . . .

@riley1 wrote:

I would put money on the fact that Brad's wife knows why she was "fired". And, I might also guess Brad has an idea - this is just a publicity stunt by them to rake in $$$$.

And what boggles my mind even more, the general public is buying into it.

Didn't read where this took place, however, the state I reside in is a "fire at will" state. But as someone mentioned most people don't know/understand employment laws.

@riley1

This took place in Indiana.

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 - Thank  you!

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

Well, one thing Brad's done for his wife: Made her unemployable. You'd have to be nuts to hire someone with a partner who can generate this kind of a mess.

@noodleann

Oh boy, ain't that the truth .....   lol.

Super Contributor

This is ridiculous. I'd bet my retirement fund, that Mrs. Brad knows why she was fired.  If she lives in an "at will State", technically no reason has to be given, by employer or employee, for terminating employment.

I can't think of a good reason, why, a company, would deny an explanation, to an employee of 11 years. She knows!

Of course Cracker Barrel,isn't going to publicly respond. 

(a) it's illegal (b) it's nobody's business, but, Cracker Barrel and Mrs. Brad.  Legally, CB cannot provide that information, even to Mr Brad.

If Mrs Brad, truly doesn't know why her employment ended, and is too shy to ask her employer of 11 years to talk to her about it, she has other,serious issues!

Respected Contributor

some facebook posters said they knew her, she was a nice older lady and she was "getting up there" meaning she was close to retirement...and age discrimination is difficult to prove

CB has been showing warm fuzzy TV ads the past week or so and that is so unusual for this part of the country. i dont know anyone who likes their food  and goes there . went one time years ago - blechhh

Respected Contributor

I just saw a Cracker Barrel commercial, too, and I can't remember ever seeing one before.  Strange.

Honored Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

some facebook posters said they knew her, she was a nice older lady and she was "getting up there" meaning she was close to retirement...and age discrimination is difficult to prove

CB has been showing warm fuzzy TV ads the past week or so and that is so unusual for this part of the country. i dont know anyone who likes their food  and goes there . went one time years ago - blechhh

She has already got her 10 years in. Some companies you are vested.

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

She has already got her 10 years in. Some companies you are vested.

your retirement benefits are vested not your job security

Esteemed Contributor

Cracker Barrel is wise to say nothing.  It will eventually die down like everything else.  

Honored Contributor

As a restaurant manager she has certain metrics she has needs to meet and she probably wasn't meeting them.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN