Honored Contributor

Cracker Barrel's Facebook Page is Taking a Pounding . . .

Oh goodness that internet . . . a gentlemen was upset that his wife was fired from CB after 11 years of service without much if any of an explaination.  He posted a question to CB asking for an explanation and internet trolls took it from there:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article140584853.html

I don't like trolling but I also don't like seeing people get let go without any explanation.  My personal favorite was the response from Chik-fil-A . . . Smiley Happy

I feel sorry for whomever is in charge of moderating that page.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cracker Barrel's Facebook Page is Taking a Pounding . . .

I am sure Brad's wife knows why.  Was she fired or the company downsized?

Honored Contributor

Believe me, she knows why she was fired.  She just didn't share it with her husband.

I know I've had "wives" call me after their husband was terminated to yell at me (and more!) because the story the wife got was far different than what occurred.  Of course I can't give her the true story, but as long as she felt better after yelling at me, that's all that matters.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@missy1.  I agree.   Also no company has the right to release that information to anyone except the employee.  Not even her husband.  If they did she would probably sue her employer.   Many companies have been downsizing and reorganizing to stay in business.  

Honored Contributor

Having been a shop steward, I am usually on the side of the worker but experience has taught me that generally after 11 years a company does not just fire somebody for no reason and she probably does know why she was fired and knows they legally cannot release any info about her dismissal and if they do she can sue and make a hefty profit.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't imagine my husband of 38 years contacting my employer to inquire about performance or employment status, or vice versa. But everyone's different. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Bottom line is people have NO idea what really happened and should mind their own business.  Nothing like jumping to conclusions and acting on it.  This causes a lot of problems now days.    People take a side, sometimes with violence, when they don't have a clue what really happened.

It is the culture of hate and violence aimed at people, companies, or government officials we don't know anything about.

Honored Contributor

I think the reason will get out at some point, but not by the CB. Gossip spreads.

Respected Contributor

I saw this all over Facebook and omg people added to CB's Wikipedia page to the bottom 70,000 employees minus Brads wife! It has grown to huge proportions now and CB is made to look bad. This woman should tell her husband Brad the truth about why she was let go. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, @momtochloe, this made me laugh. I do think she probably knows why she was fired though. Chik fi let cracked me up though! These social media things really take on a life of their own don't they.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK