Honored Contributor

Re: Cracker Barrel's Facebook Page is Taking a Pounding . . .

Image may contain: text

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Hmmm.  More garbage news with feigned outrage.  Wonder If Brad's wife wore leggings to sit in the employee break room? 

Honored Contributor

@OceanDreamer wrote:

I see no posters "hounding" you lol.

If you think people replying to your posts is "hounding" perhaps you're new to social media. People reply, ask questions, follow up etc. It's a conversation usually.

Agreed a rename is costly.

No a polite response is fine, they are acting like I don't have command of the English language and yes it is simply a conversation, lol.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't read all the replies here..but have followed/read the Brad's Wife Story.

I think it is funny. Somebody took and it flew. I think in the rough times right now of Social Media..and our Gov't...this is a funny diversion that is just silly...I doubt anybody is really is not going to CB cause they fired Brad's Wife..on his Birthday no less after 11 years. 

I have noticed Chik a Flick or whatever they are.. and other chains have on their signs WE HIRED BRAD'S WIFE...as a joke too!!

I read one place that the District Manager fired her..they gave her name and said she wasn't working out..how true who knows. I read a lot of theories that they have been married 48-years and she was up there in age..and that was an issue..as they have had other discrimination lawsuits but in this case. I am sure Brad's Wife know..and Brad too but I took it to be he was being a bit obnoxious and it just flew.

Respected Contributor

OMG. I went back and read a few replies..

People CALM DOWN it was a joke I am sure. I am sure brad knows why his wife was fired. He was being passive aggressive on their website..

Not sure where the rumors are that she was a bad restaurant manager. I had read she was a Waitress for 11-years..

Actually I do not think she is a PR nightmare and won't be hired. I think anybody will snap her up and say WE REALLY HIRED BRAD'S WIFE...they are all saying it now anyway. 

Too many people here take things wayyyy too serious.  Joke..! I am sure he knows why his wife was fired being facetious and passive aggressive... IF there is even a Brad's Wife to begin with lol..

As for the poster who made the reference to them still keeping their name..You have GOT to be kidding me is all I can say.. Do not even go there and bring their name to that level! You know exactly what you meant by that comment and you know it..back tracking is not going to work. Shameful.

Honored Contributor

I don't know if this has been mentioned - but I read that their name refers to the old barrels that soda crackers used to be shipped in to general stores - then sold by the handful. The founder wanted the restaurant and shop to resemble the general stores he remembered growing up.

Honored Contributor

@CouponQueen

Yes...it is quite funny! 

This mad-Brad-social-media-exchange w/ CB almost went totally unnoticed for a whole month.  It wasn't until a comic, Amiri King...who has over 2million followers...joked about it...then hilarity ensued! Love it.  

IMG_1116.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I think the main reason they don't change their name is because whether you like the name or not, that is a huge expense and undertaking especially with a company that has brand recognition which it most certainly does. Most people don't have a problem with the name or the meaning so to go through that huge expense which would be a pretty big gamble.

One of the biggest kisses of death to an established business is to change the name. 

And FTLOG people are actually offended by the name?  I have no words.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@OceanDreamer wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

All I know from what cracker barrel, in my part of the world, is a brand of cheese products.  Whatever else it is must be regional.

@chickenbutt

According to their site they have 642 locations in 43 states.

@OceanDreamer

Wow ....  all I've ever seen are small foil bricks of cheese.  They have 642 locations?   I'm guessing in the SE states?  

I live in Ohio and we have them here.

CB also has a store so to speak inside the restaurant with some very cute things in it.

I picked up some of the cutest baby clothes for my niece in there. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@OceanDreamer wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

All I know from what cracker barrel, in my part of the world, is a brand of cheese products.  Whatever else it is must be regional.

@chickenbutt

According to their site they have 642 locations in 43 states.

@OceanDreamer

Wow ....  all I've ever seen are small foil bricks of cheese.  They have 642 locations?   I'm guessing in the SE states?  

I live in Ohio and we have them here.

CB also has a store so to speak inside the restaurant with some very cute things in it.

I picked up some of the cutest baby clothes for my niece in there. 

We ate at Cracker barrel clear across the USA from GA to CA.  The last one on the trip was in AZ.