Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cracker Barrel last night

We rarely eat out anymore.  All sorts of problems with food, service for us.  Sad

Respected Contributor

We used to eat at CB all the time.  Managers came and went.  At one point I asked to speak to a manager and I walked over to the kitchen to meet him.  It took him at least 10 minutes to come and talk to me AND I was there to give a compliment about a waitress.  He didn't know that and avoided me.  Because of bad food and service I have contacted Corporate a few times.  All they do is send me cards for a free meal.  I still have one in my purse from a long time ago and will probably never use it.  I only shop in the store and that's it.  

Respected Contributor

I just don't like the food at CB.   I went there once and ordered a turkey dinner and the gravy had cut up hard boiled eggs and I sent it back.

Esteemed Contributor

We were eating at OHANA in Disney World 2 years ago and we got Mac & cheese for my 5 yr old granddaughter.

My daughter looks at me and says "Mom it is cold".

I stuck my fork in it and it was like refrigerator cold. We complained and they sent another one to us no charge....but by then she had filled up on rolls...

Honored Contributor

I don't know what has happened to the quality of food at CB.  We completely stopped eating there, when we traveled, due to it taking so long to get the food, then it would be almost cold, sorry table service.. Seemed one of the cooks always called in sick and they were always behind.  It's a shame, we really enjoyed their food.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I don't choose to eat at chain restaurants or fast food places.  You can tell the difference in the quality of the food.  Two times a month I play Mah Jongg at Corner Bakery since they have a large community room and there is a large group of us that play.  We get lunch there and to me the food is poor quality...one step up from fast food.

If I'm going to eat out with DH or friends (I usually do at least once a week) it will be a restaurant that offers interesting and healthy food.  The only chain that DH likes is Harvest Grill which changes meals with the seasons and offers organic food. It's not a large chain with only about 10 restaurants in total.

Sorry to hear about your experience at CB.  I've only been to one once and that was enough for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

these are the times when a smartphone comes in handy, along with a twitter account.

take a pic, tweet the pic and comments to @crackerbarrel and set up some hashtags like #poorservice #undercookedseafood #managernothelpful. you will be surprised sometimes at how fast you can get a response or phone call.

You are so right, @sunshine45. And we both had our cell phones with us. I was so shocked when I felt that ice cold shrimp, I didn't even think of taking a pic. I think dh was too, but yeah, we should have taken a pic of that plate and posted it online. Dang I wish we had thought about it.
Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

That had to be a disappointing night out. We ate at a jam packed family owned supper club and everything was fantastic. Glad I made a reservation. Noticed the waitresses and bartenders have been there for the twenty years DH and have eaten there. It all comes down to the staff.

We do not even have a restaurant in this town that takes reservations. I wish we did.

Respected Contributor

That was a very unprofessional response by the manager.

I don't care for CB and rarely eat there. Everything is beige and has no flavor.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Not sure it will make you feel better but usually at least one person has to be certified as ServSafe which means they understand all the health risks and proper prep.  No restaurant keeps their health score without it.  

We were all new at our jobs once.  I'm sorry you hit them on a bad night.  

My daughter works for Darden - I don't know if it's a corporate requirement or a state requirement but all managers for all Darden concepts have to be ServSafe certified.