Honored Contributor

Here's how coyotes travel in my neighborhood.   The ugly  cement block fences are very common, the coyotes easily jump up on them which allows easy access to multiple back yards.

1000003186.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

Oh my!  I never would've thought they could jump that high!  Thanks so much for sharing this picture!❤️

Respected Contributor

Wow!  That is some photo!  Thank you for sharing!

Honored Contributor

They really scare me, lots here in maine, seen some very big ones.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Wow. Who would have guessed they'd turn the cement fences into a coyote freeway. Dangerous for backyard pets. 

Esteemed Contributor

I guess ya gotta do what you have to do if you are a coyote....I don't blame them one bit. Every creature needs food. 

Esteemed Contributor

There was a news story the other day, on KTLA channel 5, which had a woman walking her medium sized dog for an evening walk.  A pack of coyotes came towards her growling. Which, as far as I know is pretty unusual. I am guessing they were hungry.

She ran screaming with her dog. Luckily, a random neighbor heard her screaming, opened her door and allowed her and the dog to run in. It was all caught on the neighbors security camera. 

Honored Contributor

Wildlife using man-made structures to get around. Like squirrels on power lines.

Trusted Contributor

We have had a family of them down at the very end of our property for a few years, they howl at sundown and my blood runs cold. My neighbor keeps a donkey specifically to keep them at bay. So many in our area are missing 'outdoor' and 'indoor/outdoor' cats . . . sadly I doubt they will ever come home.

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

Re: Coyote Super Highway

[ Edited ]

My daughter's neighborhood has an alert system-emails go out as soon as someone sees a coyote and to bring pets inside.

They are so scary but I also wish they had their own place to live and thrive without hurting domestic animals or humans.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"