Honored Contributor

Covid vaccine-Publix grocery stores

I just read that Publix is offering walk in availability for the Covid vaccine at their stores in Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and Virginia.  They offer the Moderna and J&J vaccines, depending on availability. You can also still opt to make an appointment online, if you choose. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

Re: Covid vaccine-Publix grocery stores

Is there a valid scientific/medical rationale for wearing a mask after you have been vaccinated ?

Esteemed Contributor

@Still Stylish Lady wrote:

Is there a valid scientific/medical rationale for wearing a mask after you have been vaccinated ?

@Still Stylish Lady "They" say that even after you have been vaccinated, that you can pick up the virus and give it to someone else who has not been vaccinated, even if you never get sick yourself.

That is what I heard.  I will keep my opinions on the subject to myself.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Stylish Lady - I really just wanted to post about vaccine availability if anyone is interested and looking.  Can we please just keep this thread to that message please?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Still Stylish Lady - I really just wanted to post about vaccine availability if anyone is interested and looking.  Can we please just keep this thread to that message please?

I agree. She should start her own thread it if she wants to talk about scientific and medical rationales around masks.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

We've been open for walk-insi in Arizona for quite a while now. Even the drive through sites no longer require an appointment.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

People need to just check their local TV station's website, APP or Facebook Page or City Government website for all the details about vaccines and availability instead of a Shopping Channel Forum....The availability for the vaccine in grocery stores and pharmacies could vary by city within a state (our does), and local information includes the hours, and days the week for walk-ins, and there's also info for others that prefer an appointment.  You get everything you need to know at ONE source!  And check there for all your CURRENT news as well...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Threads always go off topic, nothing new under the sun. She has a right to respond to anything here.  You have a right to respond also back to her.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I just read that Publix is offering walk in availability for the Covid vaccine at their stores in Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and Virginia.  They offer the Moderna and J&J vaccines, depending on availability. You can also still opt to make an appointment online, if you choose. 

This is good news. Thanks for posting it

@gidgetgh .

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

Threads always go off topic, nothing new under the sun. She has a right to respond to anything here.  You have a right to respond also back to her.

True, @Hoovermom But she didn't respond to anything here. Her "question" was out of nowhere. @gidgetgh, had every right to respond a she did. I'm sure that you've seen mods list "off-topic" as a reason for deletion.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland