Esteemed Contributor

Re: Covid vaccine-Publix grocery stores

I view this as a general "Covid" thread open to all aspects of that topic.

I don't find any need to start micro-categorizing broadly based subject matter. 

Respected Contributor

We have that walk in a drug store, get your shot thingy too.      NO thanks.  GOD gave me an immune system and I have enough faith in that.

I don't trust this "vaccine".  It's actually not a true vaccine.  Covid is a cousin to the common cold and this is why there are so many variants.  It'll just be a chain reaction.  They'll never be able to keep up.

Esteemed Contributor

NYC is providing the one shot J&J at various tourist locations, including Times Square.  Any U.S. citizen of age is eligible.  Personally,  I think this is a great idea.

Esteemed Contributor

In Connecticut, I could walk into Walgreens, CVS, stop and shop, and big Y, and get a vaccine anytime. However, after seeing the side effects that it has done to friends and family, plus reading about side effects from the group on Facebook; COVID-19 vaccine side effects, I'm going to pass. 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

In Connecticut, I could walk into Walgreens, CVS, stop and shop, and big Y, and get a vaccine anytime. However, after seeing the side effects that it has done to friends and family, plus reading about side effects from the group on Facebook; COVID-19 vaccine side effects, I'm going to pass. 

Please don't be afraid @Effie54 , I had no problems with either shot of the Moderna vaccine. Woman Happy

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Effie54  I know that there is a lot of (mis)information out there and it's hard to weed through it all to decide what's appropriate for you, but I will echo @JaneMarple to say that I also didn't have side effects -- although I had the Pfizer vaccine. The worst part for me was the months of anxiety leading up to getting the shots -- I agonized, read everything, talked to people, held off to "wait and see." I decided to go ahead and thought "gee, that wasn't so bad." I expected worse and was greatly relieved! Don't be afraid, just make the best educated decision for yourself.

Edited to add:

I got my shots at CVS. Easy process.

Honored Contributor

The chain grocery stores here are doing the same.l.just walk-ins or appt if you prefer. And to think of the hours and hours I spent online trying to get an appt! I am thankful I was able to get my first dose back in January, though, and second one in early Feb. Am so glad so many more will be able to get their vaccine now so easily.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Stylish Lady wrote:

Is there a valid scientific/medical rationale for wearing a mask after you have been vaccinated ?

@Still Stylish Lady

Yes there is.  People have tested positive for covid after being fully vaccinated.  In fact, it was just reported on the news that Yankees' 3rd base coach, Phil Nevin, has tested positive for covid.  He was fully vaccinated and past the 2-week mark.  Contact tracing is going on right now.

Point being... the scientists do not know everything about this virus and how it is transmitted nor do they know everything about the vaccine.  It takes time to study viruses and treatments.  So it always pays in a situation like this to err on the side of caution.

As far as I'm concerned, it is nothing to wear a mask during a pandemic and certainly until we reach herd immunity.  

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

I'm having a side effect right now and it's really not that bad. I have a mild annoying headache and I didn't sleep well last night because my arm hurt pretty badly. I had to take Aleve for it. My arm definitely hurt worse this time than my first shot.

But today my arm feels fine, and like I said now I have a mild headache. Pretty sure I'll feel completely back to normal either tomorrow or the next day.

The peace of mind and freedom to get back to normal life again is completely worth a sore arm and then a mild headache for one day.

If you're not sure you want to get vaccinated, just consider. If you had to spend the next month in Mumbai India or Sao Paulo Brazil, and you had to mingle with the population, would you rather do so with just a bottle of vitamin D in your posession...or would you rather do that while fully vaccinated as well as being in posession of your bottle of vitamin D pills? I don't need an answer. Food for thought.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I'm having a side effect right now and it's really not that bad. I have a mild annoying headache and I didn't sleep well last night because my arm hurt pretty badly. I had to take Aleve for it. My arm definitely hurt worse this time than my first shot.

But today my arm feels fine, and like I said now I have a mild headache. Pretty sure I'll feel completely back to normal either tomorrow or the next day.

The peace of mind and freedom to get back to normal life again is completely worth a sore arm and then a mild headache for one day.

If you're not sure you want to get vaccinated, just consider. If you had to spend the next month in Mumbai India or Sao Paulo Brazil, and you had to mingle with the population, would you rather do so with just a bottle of vitamin D in your posession...or would you rather do that while fully vaccinated as well as being in posession of your bottle of vitamin D pills? I don't need an answer. Food for thought.

Just an update. I woke up feeling great this morning! I planned to take the day off today, but I don't need to. Wooohoooo!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr