Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  Isn't everyone presymptomatic if they don't have symptoms?

@esmerelda 

People who are carrying the virus and never show symptoms are asymptomatic.

Pre-symptomatic people are those who do show symptoms but are considered to be highly contagious a few to several days prior to showing symptoms.

You can look this up.  Unless you're trying to play "gotcha" with me.  And I won't be playing.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Won't you skew the test numbers, or will they know it's you over and over again?

If it wasn't free, how much would you be willing to pay to be tested each time?

They have my name and information in a database, @esmerelda .

My governor is encouraging those of us who are in contact with the public regularly to get tested regularly.

And why on earth would you care how much I'd be willing to pay?

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
@esmerelda

I recommend regular testing to patients who have ongoing close contact with non household members. I believe @QueenDanceALot is a personal trainer (?) so she would fall into that category. It’s also a CDC recommendation. Is it a perfect system? No. But it does catch some carriers of the virus and it does help reduce spread.

@bikerbabe 

Yes, I am a personal trainer.

A client of mine is a physical therapist who oversees therapists in several long term care facilities.  He gets tested twice a week.

And yes, it's not perfect, but it seems to be helping the numbers in my state.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@esmerelda 

Pre-symptomatic people are those who do show symptoms but are considered to be highly contagious a few to several days prior to showing symptoms.

You can look this up.  Unless you're trying to play "gotcha" with me.  And I won't be playing.

@QueenDanceALot, you are doing the right thing, whether you were to pay for testing or fortunately get it done at no cost. :-)

Just a question: Are you sure of that definition of "pre-symptomatic"?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  Just curious what value you place on it. You could pass the cost on to your clients. 

"Pre-symptomatic people are those who do show symptoms but are considered to be highly contagious a few to several days prior to showing symptoms."

I get from that ^ statement that once you have symptoms, the people you've been around have a better chance of having been infected. But isn't that always the case?  Isn't that what contact tracing is about?  

So...wasn't everyone who spread it either asymptomatic or presymptomatic at some point?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  Just curious what value you place on it. You could pass the cost on to your clients. 

"Pre-symptomatic people are those who do show symptoms but are considered to be highly contagious a few to several days prior to showing symptoms."

I get from that ^ statement that once you have symptoms, the people you've been around have a better chance of having been infected. But isn't that always the case?  Isn't that what contact tracing is about?  

So...wasn't everyone who spread it either asymptomatic or presymptomatic at some point?

@esmerelda, she gets free testing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@esmerelda 

@QueenDanceALot, you are doing the right thing, whether you were to pay for testing or fortunately get it done at no cost. :-)

Maybe my wording is not clear on pre-symptomatic.  My understanding is that if you are pre-symptomatic that you have contracted the virus and will be highly contagious a few to several days (I believe the number I read was 2-5, but I don't know if that is concrete) prior to showing symptoms.

Is that more clear? 

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@esmerelda, she gets free testing.

@suzyQ3  WADR, read the entire exchange and try to keep up. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@esmerelda 

Maybe my wording is not clear on pre-symptomatic.  My understanding is that if you are pre-symptomatic that you have contracted the virus and will be highly contagious a few to several days (I believe the number I read was 2-5, but I don't know if that is concrete) prior to showing symptoms.

Is that more clear? 

@QueenDanceALot, I think that is more clear. In other words, pre-symptomatic means that you are incubating the virus -- likely no symptoms at all but still just as contagious.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@esmerelda 

My understanding is that truly asymptomatic people never show symptoms, they just carry.  

As far as contact tracing, I don't understand your question.  I'd rather not pass the virus to someone in the first place which is the point of testing.  If I test positive I stay home and reduce the chance I pass it on.  Whether I would be asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic would not be known at the time of the test.